Flatout flatbread pizza

Options
CyberEd312
CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
I made these for the first time last night and was quite surprised how good they were.
I made 1 with pepperoni and 1 with pepperoni and mushrooms.

Recipe:
Flatout - Light Original Flat Bread- 90 calories a wrap
Hormel - Turkey Pepperoni, 17 slices- 70 calories
Ragu - Pizza Sauce Homemade Style, 1/4 cup (63g)- 30 calories
Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese - Cheddar & Monterey Jack, 0.56 cup- 225 calories
Polar - Shiitake Sliced Mushrooms, 1/2 can- 30 calories

Pepperoni pizza- 415 calories Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza- 445 calories

I baked them at 350 for 14-16 minutes the crust just started to get crispy. I think the next time I make them I am going to try our pampered chef pizza stone and see how they do.

Prepped:
2011-12-07163105.jpg

Cooked:
2011-12-07164035.jpg

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    dude i was so bummed when i made these...something musta been wrong cause my flatout goodness never toasted on the bottom...i mean i didnt have a pizza pan but i havent had one in years since i broke the stone so i figured that didnt matter *SOB* :sad:
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Wow - great size for the amount of calories. I'm saying I could eat half of that and be full.

I get the flatbread veggie pizza at Houlihans (mushrooms, a little feta cheese, onions, peppers, artichokes) and its 250 calories for one slice.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! :)
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good idea! Gonna have to try that out
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Wow - great size for the amount of calories. I'm saying I could eat half of that and be full.

I get the flatbread veggie pizza at Houlihans (mushrooms, a little feta cheese, onions, peppers, artichokes) and its 250 calories for one slice.

Oh there was plenty, I am still a big guy 273 lbs. and I was full... The best part was the calories saved by eating healthy alternative as to going to my favorite pizza place and eating. Alot less calories that is for sure... lol
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    For those who can't seem to make the wrap/crust crispy, try brushing on a little EVOO, toast it for a bit, then flip it over and put your toppings on the non-EVOO side. I also do my personal size pizzas in the toaster oven.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    For those who can't seem to make the wrap/crust crispy, try brushing on a little EVOO, toast it for a bit, then flip it over and put your toppings on the non-EVOO side. I also do my personal size pizzas in the toaster oven.

^^^^this ! :-) don't need a pizza atone just put the Flatout in the oven/toaster oven for a little while then bring it out and add your toppings and put back in the oven. It will come out nice and crispy and delicious.
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • emrreba
    Options
    The calories that you posted are for an entire pizza? I am a pizza junky. Been eating the Digorno 200 calorie pizza slices.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this, thanks for posting!
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this either now that I know how to make the bread not mushy. Thanks yall.
  • brookeg20
    Options
    Bump
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I do something similar but I use the Joseph's Oat Bran Flax lavash bread - I use fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes and fresh basil with a drizzle of EVOO - soooo good!
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Those look amazing! I can't wait to try one. I'm always looking for a new low-cal meal to try. Thanks for posting.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    i do this when i'm feeling for pizza! i use pita bread..

hmm, now that i saw that... now i feel to go make some for lunch today... nom nom
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I make whole wheat tortilla pizzas and low fat cheese. I pile on the veggies and use low fat canadian bacon. It is a nice quick fix when Im craving pizza!:)
  • 2012anewme
    Options
    bump :tongue: :tongue: