Overweight for as long as I can remember

Options
I'm 29 and have been overweight practically all my life, partly I think because of a very big bone structure. I got married 5 years ago (with about 10 extra pounds but I could actually wear a bikini and still look good) and the problem got worse. I don't know what happened but I gained 40 pounds during these last 5 years. The problem is I don't really know if I can do this and there isn't a day I don't feel guilty when I look in the mirror. Somebody please tell me this thing works!!!

Replies

• gingercookie94
    Options
    It's brilliant that you've joined! Thats a massive step in itself, you obviously want to do something about your weight. I've been on lots of fad diets and this is the only thing that I've actually stuck at, so hopefully it'll do you some good too. It's fairly accurate as well which makes things easier. Oh and the first few days are the hardest, especially if you're not used to recording what you eat, but stick with it :)
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    this thing works if you eat right ,exercise log in food everyday and you will see .add me if you want a new friend
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    First, you have to decide that it works. It won't work if you don't think it will!! I like the "fake it 'til you make it" approach! Pretend you are confident that this is it and it's all going to work, keep trudging along eating the right way and exercising, and eventually you'll realize that you aren't having to fake the confidence anymore because it's working and you're seeing the difference! Then you'll be on a roll and just use that momentum to keep going!!! It's all about a positive attitude!!

Log in often and talk to people when you have doubts, but don't be too negative all the time - it's detrimental to your success!!! Also, being positive for others helps you and them!!

So, fake it 'til you make it, then enjoy the fruits of your labor!!

Best of luck!!!
  • silandena
    silandena Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great advice. I'll definitely remember and quote "fake it 'til you make it" . Thanks!
  • sallycoo
    Options
    I am 61 and have also been overweight since I was 10. I have done so many different diets, even some very unhealthy ones, and the weight goes back on plus some! This is the first time that I have maintained a healthy eating plan for more than a few months, and while the loss has been slow, it's been steady. It's pure math, not some magic formula, with predictable outcomes. It helps that my husband is doing it too. You owe it to yourself to do it now. So much easier than at 60!