NEWB, well, not really...

Options
Been a member for a while, since about june or so, but this is the first time i'm posting. I weighed over 360lbs in March of this year, by far the heaviest i had ever been in my life. I started going to the gym and getting more active, but then come june or so i decided i needed to eat better and that was when i downloaded the my fitness pal app on my Droid. i'm now down to 298lbs which is the lowest i've been since junior year in college.

I was in pretty decent shape when I graduated from high school, was considering joining the military out of high school but really wanted a college degree under my belt so decided to do college first. I went to a college without a football program and started really letting myself go without a reason to want to be in shape. By sophomore year of college I was up to 320lbs and decided I needed to do something, by the end of the year i was back down to a muscular 240, but then I'm not sure what happened, i ballooned right back up. I guess i stopped caring, or just got lazy, I honestly do not know. By the time I graduated I was back over 300. Wound up getting a good job in telecom out of college and didn't really think about the military any more, so i had even less of a reason to want to stay in shape. That took me to the point I am at today. I'm not planning on doing the .mil thing anymore because I do not want to be over 30 in basic with a bunch of 18-21 year olds, i know many have done it and haven't had an issue but i don't think it's something i can do, but I still really want to get back into shape.

My ultimate goal I set in the beginning of this year, before I turn 31 I would like to complete a GoRuck challenge event, specifically the GRC 9/11 Memorial Challenge. I want to complete that one for a number of reasons, the two main reasons are 1.) my previous desire for military service, what better way to honor that than by paying tribute to the events of 9/11, and 2.) I had wanted to be a NYC police officer but that never panned out for me for a number of very personal reasons, I haven't really been able to go to NYC with any sense of confidence or pride since this time. I've been to the city 2x since that day, both times were to help my brother-in-law move, I think that by participating in this event will help me face a lot of my internal doubt and "demons" if you will in the same place that most of them come from. Hence the reason for my tracker, the picture in the background is to remind me of the ultimate goal of my weight loss, not just the event itself, but what it would mean.

That's about all i have for now, hopefully I can stay and become more active in the community as another tool to help me with my weightloss. Hello everyone!