Right shoes for the job

Options
Hi.

I take a boxing/kickboxing class 4-5 days a week. There is alot of jumping jacks, squats, and sprints involved.
I also started training for a 5k with obstacles. The sneakers I have are over a year old and are calling on me to retire them.

Any reccomendations on footwear?

You have all be so helpful in other areas I thought I'd add feet to my ever growing list of things MFP has helped me out with. 8-)

Thanks!
Kerry

Replies

• caseyp1122
    caseyp1122 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm always a fan of the minimalist type shoes...I just broke in my pair of Reebok Reflex and they are amazing. Super light and durable as can be =) good luck Kerry!
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would say running shoes... they usually have more gel to absorb the energy from high impact type exercises. I love my Asics. They work wonders! I don't have any feet/leg issues anymore. I can't believe the difference!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    reebok easytones! :) Love them
  • Karebearninja
    Karebearninja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike "Relentless" that I luv!!!! They are light, comfortable, and made my runs painless. But I have a wide flat foot.

Good Luck on your search!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I would say go to a running store nearby. Tell them what you need from a shoe. They'll ask you to run so they can see if you need any kind of special support and they can help you pick out a personalized shoe. It totally saved my knees when I walked out of there with a shiny new pair of asics <3
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I second going to a running store and have them look at you walk and run. Really helped me find a great shoe that I am loving.