Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer

Options
Hello....
I have been looking at Jamie Eason's live fit trainer at bodybuilding.com for quite some time on and off, and thinking it might be a good thing for me to start up after the holidays.
I've been lifting weights for about 9 months now, and would love to be at my goal weight (30 more pounds to go!) by spring. But quite honestly, right now I am much more focused on health, fitness, and building muscle than the number on the scale. I finally spent some time on the website today researching it a little bit more, but I still have questions:
1. Phase 1 is only 4 days a week, 45 minutes per session of weights. No cardio is allowed. I have been doing about 90 minute workouts (45-60 min. weights, the rest cardio). Wouldn't this cause me to gain weight unless I eat less...which I just about refuse to do lol.
2.Is this something that I can do at home? I have a pull up bar, stability ball, basic weights (barbell and dumbbells) and a step that I use as a bench. I don't have a squat rack, so the weight I could use for leg work would be limited by what I can lift over my head.
3. How important are her diet recommendations to success on the plan? I have been eating clean for the last year and intend to continue with that. I just see alot of egg whites...ewww.I was planning on following her supplementation recommendations, which are pretty much consistent with what I already do.
4. If you have done this program, have you experienced success with it? Would you recommend it to someone who still has weight to lose?
Thanks for the input! :)

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in what people say....I love Jamie Eason!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at the end of Phase 2. Don't underestimate the beginning of the program. I laughed a little when I saw it too and yes the workouts are short, but in no time you are up to 1-1.5 hrs of tough exercise. The beginning is just to get you into it. To gauge what your limits are.

I know on Facebook there is a group that is doing the at-home version, but you can easily do a lot of it from home. Just find what works for you. Yes you will gain some weight, but it's muscle weight. You'll be burning fat and gaining muscle. As long as you are attempting everything, you are good.

As far as the food, it's basically just a clean eating program. People substitute in and out all the time. From what I gather the program is set-up for someone that is very new going into it. I still have plenty of weight to lose, but I am still doing the program. I have lost lbs, fat and gained some good base muscles. I know some girls that are throwing 1-2 days cardio in as well.

If you have any questions let me know :) I love it. It's fun and things change all the time so it never gets boring.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hello....
    I have been looking at Jamie Eason's live fit trainer at bodybuilding.com for quite some time on and off, and thinking it might be a good thing for me to start up after the holidays.
    I've been lifting weights for about 9 months now, and would love to be at my goal weight (30 more pounds to go!) by spring. But quite honestly, right now I am much more focused on health, fitness, and building muscle than the number on the scale. I finally spent some time on the website today researching it a little bit more, but I still have questions:
    1. Phase 1 is only 4 days a week, 45 minutes per session of weights. No cardio is allowed. I have been doing about 90 minute workouts (45-60 min. weights, the rest cardio). Wouldn't this cause me to gain weight unless I eat less...which I just about refuse to do lol.
    2.Is this something that I can do at home? I have a pull up bar, stability ball, basic weights (barbell and dumbbells) and a step that I use as a bench. I don't have a squat rack, so the weight I could use for leg work would be limited by what I can lift over my head.
    3. How important are her diet recommendations to success on the plan? I have been eating clean for the last year and intend to continue with that. I just see alot of egg whites...ewww.I was planning on following her supplementation recommendations, which are pretty much consistent with what I already do.
    4. If you have done this program, have you experienced success with it? Would you recommend it to someone who still has weight to lose?
    Thanks for the input! :)

First, I wanna say, good job on the 89 lbs lost, that's great!! :)

I did the liveFit program and I enjoyed it. It's only the first 2 weeks that are 4 days a week. You start cardio in the second phase, and have a good balance between weight lifting and cardio. The third phase is a lot more Cardio (HIIT).

I did not follow her nutrition plan but I eat very clean and stick to my macros.

As for the working out a home part, in the third phase section, she has some emergency at home workouts links, I don't know if maybe that would help you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-3.html

I don't know if you could easily replace all the workouts with at home equipement. You need to lift heavy, so it would probably require quite a bit of equipement (Although I don't know much about at home exercises, I really normally go to the gym and use the equipement there, or do Insanity Videos, which don't require much, maybe someone else could help you on that)

Overall...Well it is a good program, IMO, the best? No.
    I did The New Rules Of Lifting For Woman (NROLFW) and I liked that a lot more. It's a very good book with a solid 6 months program.

That is my personal opinion, hope this helps

EDIT : I was secretly hoping Lexagon was gonna come and post in this! :) Probably did as I was typing my post =P
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I did the trainer and followed it as closely as I could. No, I did not eat 10 eggwhites a day. I'd eat either just 4 or 8 if I had them again before bed. I bought the protein I wanted to versus her stack. If you don't know what to get, then just get the stack and it eliminates researching options. It took me longer than 12 weeks, things come up and I couldn't be working out on schedule all the time. It starts out fairly easy and builds up rather quick. I'd study all the phases and peek at all the exercises and videos to learn the form if you're not familiar with the exercises. What I love about the trainer is that they lay it ALL out for you. You do your best and you'll still have nice results. The recipes I used were the protein pumpkin bars, TKY muffins, and her monster meatloaf, the tilapia recipe is EASY. I used protein shakes A LOT. By the time you get to end phase 2 and phase 3 there are calorie and heart rate max calculators. That's why I joined MFP... It made it possible for me to get my macros without eating everything laid out on the food plan in LiveFit. Good luck!
  • lexagon
    Options
    EDIT : I was secretly hoping Lexagon was gonna come and post in this! :) Probably did as I was typing my post =P

I did it's above yours! :tongue:
  • Escape_Artist
    Options

I see that! :D

@OP, Lexagon brings up a good point, the program is mostly a begining program. If you have been lifting for a while, I am not sure how that would work for you. It's all a matter of preference.
  • StarletteS
    StarletteS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump. I would like to know more...
  • Escape_Artist
    Options
    bump. I would like to know more...

I think pretty much all other info would be on her program page

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

You can see the workouts, the explanation, the nutrition plan, watch the videos she has up, etc.

One thing missing is exercises to replace the gym machines =/
  • Galletakek
    Options
    everyone should try this!!! love my tummy now... jamie is the best....!!!
  • lexagon
    Options

@OP, Lexagon brings up a good point, the program is mostly a begining program. If you have been lifting for a while, I am not sure how that would work for you. It's all a matter of preference.

I think you could still do it at an advanced level (maybe take out Phase 1), but just know that you have to push yourself. Either way you are still going to see the gains and lose the fat. GIve it a try, what's the worst that could happen you don't like it and you have to find something else. It's still a great workout.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

<just my opinion>I've been lifting for more than 10years and found it to be a challenge. I learned a lot of exercises I never bothered doing or never knew anything about. If anything, I think it would be easier for people that have built up their cardio because it does get pretty intense in the middle. If you're picking the right weights, it remains a challenge even though it seems easy in the beginning. I'd lift as heavy as possible in phase 1. High reps later on was challenging for me combined with super-setting and active rest (I managed pretty well). I didn't really consider it a "begginer" program. I think you do have to have some level of fitness to do most of it. Just my opinion. Only 2 things I couldn't do was unassisted pull-ups (which I've done in the past but not on that level of fitness currently) and that exercise where you do push-up's with a kettle bell. I was either too scared or that was way beyond my abilities.
  • Escape_Artist
    Options
    Lexagon and Mayra are both right :)

OP, give it a try and see for yourself. Everybody is so different, it's hard to tell what is good and what's not.

There are so many options, that in the end, if this doesn't fit you, switch to something else.

With the way the program is structured, I doubt you wouldn't see results, if you have a good diet and lift heavy!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input. Im pretty sure I'll be giving it a go after January 1!
  • lexagon
    Options
    I hope you really enjoy it. There's a group here on MFP for LIveFit as well as on BB.COM and FB :) Lots of resources. Ask any questions that you have! :)

And like Mayra said lift as heavy as you can for the # of reps required in the first phase. I wish I had! LOL
  • MissGoHard
    MissGoHard Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input. Im pretty sure I'll be giving it a go after January 1!

Best of luck!! I'll be starting this as well on January 1 =)
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just discovered bb.com and started Jamie's program today! We'll see how it goes. I think I will continue throwing in a little cardio too though.