healthy snack to take on a plane..... low calories

Options
2»

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I always take 2-3 apples with me on domestic flights. On international flights, I throw in some apples, low fat turkey sandwiches, and some low calorie/no salt crackers. I spend a lot of my time in airports sitting and waiting, so I like to have things to munch on that aren't going to add up. I also always bring along a 1-2 liter water bottle and fill it up at a water fountain for free and drink water a lot because of the constant dehydration effect of flying (especially on 14 hr international flights).

that's a really good suggestions about the water bottle! i will do that ...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have no suggestions, but I got a wonderful mental image for a movie. Samuel L Jackson starring in.... SNACKS on a Plane! :laugh:
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Quaker mini rice cakes (Ranch is my favorite flavor), string cheese, celery with Laughing Cow cheese, PB&J on a Sandwich Thin (could use almond butter if afraid of allergies), fruit leather, fruit snacks, hard-boiled egg, Special K fruit crisps, granola bars, cut up apple or orange slices, 94% fat-free microwave popcorn (pop ahead of time and place in zip-loc bag to avoid mess from reaching in bag), and turkey jerky. All are 200 calories or less!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    excellent suggestions, thanks!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    On my trips, I brought pretzels, meal bars (slim fast chocolate cookie dough - <3 them), and cereal bars. I didn't eat any plane food because I didn't have access to the nutritional info.