Conflicting advice from nutritionist and trainer

Options
2»

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    When I started out MFP I did go by some trainer advice and eat more than less, started to eat back my calories, gained, didn't lose any weight and than got tired of it. I decided to moderate the foods that I eat and I also stopped counting my calories, worked out 30-60 minutes 6 times a week and surprisingly started to lose weight. I saw so many people having the same problem so I also decided to share my story and slowly took pictures of what I eat with the full recipe.
    What I would do I would try to eat healthy, cut out sugar, salt, oil and flour from my eating habits and workout at least 30 minutes daily. When you are on your journey too long your metabolism get used to the workouts so sometimes you have to change up things you do. I drink 64-120 oz of water and recently started to do weight lifting interval training which kicked my metabolism and I am still loosing weight.
    Check out these free sites:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
    www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com

If you feel like friend me, I am also doing mini challenges and post it on my wall daily to stay motivated.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    unfortunately true :) everyone wants to make money so they give sometimes clueless non sense information out :(((
    Trainers are not qualified to give nutritional information. In fact, most trainers are not qualified at all.

^ This is awesome.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Trainers are not qualified to give nutritional information. In fact, most trainers are not qualified at all.
    This.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    RMR doesn't include normal daily activity. BMR is if you're in a coma, RMR is if you were just relaxing in bed all day. In a coma you don't move, relaxing in bed you do, you shift around, roll over, move your arms or legs, etc. They are pretty much the same thing, just BMR is a much stricter test, usually done overnight, I believe, and RMR can be done anytime.

BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate
    RMR - Resting Metabolic Rate
    TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure <-- This is the number that includes your daily activity.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Unless your trainer has some specialized coursework in nutrition, then a trainer isn't qualified to give nutrition advice to anyone. Also, unless your nutritionist has some specialized coursework in exercise, then your nutritionist isn't qualified to help you with a diet for an exercise program.

Excellent post.