I am blown away by the difference 11 pounds makes....

Options
Frost
Frost Posts: 312 Member
I went from just above 151 pounds to currently just below 141 pounds. I hadn't tried on any of my dresses or suits in a while. I went to get ready for an interview yesterday putting on my trusted first interview suit. I looked like a kid wearing their mother's clothes playing dress up. Even the sleeves were a bit too long. I then tried on this dress that looked fashionable and pretty but really not sexy. With my new shape this dress suddenly looked like a date dress rather than a "I can wear this to work" dress. Once I got over my shock, I managed to find a suit that basically fit and went off to my interview. Today I went shopping for some dress slacks for my partner. I noticed many sales racks some with suits on them. I found this cute gray pinstripe jacket and skirt separates. The jacket was there in my size but I could only find the skirt in a 6 or 14. I took a chance on the 6 and it fit with a tiny bit of room to spare! I have not been a 6 in at least 4 years.

Recently I had said to my partner that 10 pounds is great but not really that much weight. She went to the hall closet and came back with two 5 pound free weight plates and handed them to me. She instructed me to hold the weights in front of me and slouch my shoulders. She asked me "now what you think of ten pounds"? It was eye opening and really motivational. That weight is no longer weighing down my back and knees!

Replies

• Frost
    Options
    I went from just above 151 pounds to currently just below 141 pounds. I hadn't tried on any of my dresses or suits in a while. I went to get ready for an interview yesterday putting on my trusted first interview suit. I looked like a kid wearing their mother's clothes playing dress up. Even the sleeves were a bit too long. I then tried on this dress that looked fashionable and pretty but really not sexy. With my new shape this dress suddenly looked like a date dress rather than a "I can wear this to work" dress. Once I got over my shock, I managed to find a suit that basically fit and went off to my interview. Today I went shopping for some dress slacks for my partner. I noticed many sales racks some with suits on them. I found this cute gray pinstripe jacket and skirt separates. The jacket was there in my size but I could only find the skirt in a 6 or 14. I took a chance on the 6 and it fit with a tiny bit of room to spare! I have not been a 6 in at least 4 years.

Recently I had said to my partner that 10 pounds is great but not really that much weight. She went to the hall closet and came back with two 5 pound free weight plates and handed them to me. She instructed me to hold the weights in front of me and slouch my shoulders. She asked me "now what you think of ten pounds"? It was eye opening and really motivational. That weight is no longer weighing down my back and knees!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for your recent weight loss, and also give your partner props for being so supportive-and showing you just how much you have achieved!!!:drinker:
  • Frost
    Options
    Kudos to you for your recent weight loss, and also give your partner props for being so supportive-and showing you just how much you have achieved!!!:drinker:

Thank you!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, keep up the great work.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! You are doing great!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it is amazing what we carry around without really knowing it...I have lost quite abit and went for ahike with 20 pounds in a backpack and it was BRUTAL...when I took off the backpack I could almost float...it is surreal
    congrats:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!