Looking for encouragement

Options
Okay its time to get serious. I don't want to just lose weight, i want to be able to feel good about myself. I need inspiration and encouragement. I have been feeling really bad about myself and have a low self image. Its time to put my demons and fears to rest and learn to live a healthier and more fit lifestyle. Shedding the pounds is important, but I prefer to do it in a healthy and consistent way. Please send me your thoughts your tips and any encouragement. No more excuses, just execution.

Replies

• RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it sounds like you are in the right frame of mind. What has been helpful for me is to have small, achievable goals. It feels good when you can see progress.

You might scroll through some of the "before and after" threads. I am amazed and inspired by the way some of these folks have transformed their bodies.

Best wishes to you.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That's my plan.... small mini goals with "rewards" or "prizes" given when I achieve them! Small steps toward the big prize of goal weight reached!!!!!

friend request me if you'd like.....
  • stephanietisi
    Options
    Good for you!! YOU CAN DO IT!! And many of us are right there with you!! I've been a yoyo for ages...and like you, it's not just about the skinny....it's about the overall feeling and the health! You need to be your biggest fan in this fight! The rest of us are around to cheer you on!
    https://www.facebook.com/BlastObesity
  • stormyvawn
    stormyvawn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    JUst take it one step at a time. Build o your success. Set small goals and you can do it!!
  • katiekingrey
    Options
    wow thank you all for the cheers!! Just hearing your voices helps me hear my own! I am on a good trend and will do anything it takes to keep taking those steps to maintain!
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Hi Katie,

The journey can be super tough! My weight keeps going up and down the same 1-2 lbs, but I feel better, healthier, and stronger, just by eating right and exercising. Hang in there, log in every day, find some supportive friends on MFP (feel free to friend me) and remember that lasting change doesn't happen overnight (or so I keep telling myself!). Great work reaching out!
  • Sarahkpt
    Sarahkpt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey, I am brand new to the message board. I need to lose about 60 to 70 pounds. Looks like a great place to see other encouraging stories. I think i will need a lot of support to stay strong during the holidays!
  • julistehr
    julistehr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I also need to make some changes and stop making excuses. NO waiting for another year to pass before I "diet" I want to start today!!! Just started this site and it's been fun. Hoping to lose through during the holidays this year!!!