Really hungry today for no apparent reason.

Options
I am really hungry today. I am not bored or dealing with any stress, so I do not think this is emotional at all. I also did not eat any foods that usually trigger cravings in me in the last couple of days.

Is this an indication that my body needs more food (I am eating 1400 calories daily)? Should I just eat above my calorie limit today or should I go hungry? Btw, today is my rest day, so can't make up for extra eating by working out.

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Didn't you post recently about not being hungry? Well if so this makes me feel better. We do have days when we feel hungry and we have days when we don't. Unless you don't trust yourself for some reason I would listen to what your body is telling you. Have you been exercising more? Try to eat healthy food that satisfies you and make sure you are drinking enough water too. You don't have to have the same deficit everyday to lose. It really is the weekly deficit. I definitely have hungry days too. It is when I eat when I am not hungry or eat the wrong things or too much of them that I get into trouble.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I find I'm more hungry the day AFTER a big workout. Did you work out yesterday?

Also, I'm a big proponent of listening to your body. If you maintain a deficit 6 days of the week, and go over on one day, you're not sabotaging yourself or anything. If you're hungry, eat! Just make wise food choices.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i was the same way today. i have been good with doing my 1200 calories a day and eating back all my exercise calories. Some days i find it hard to reach my goal amount and then a day like today i went way over... I just had to nibble all day for some reason...