6 Months and 2 days in and....

Options
Hey everyone I started this journey 6 months and 2 days ago on 8-17-08 and as of this morning I have lost 80 pounds, I am so excited...I told my husband when I lost 80 pounds I was gonna treat myself to a cheeseburger happy meal from McDonalds and he said boy it dont take much to please you.LOL do you know how long its been since I have had any fast food????? A LONG TIME...Just wanted to toot my own horn. Hope everyone is doing fabulous....

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I started this journey 6 months and 2 days ago on 8-17-08 and as of this morning I have lost 80 pounds, I am so excited...I told my husband when I lost 80 pounds I was gonna treat myself to a cheeseburger happy meal from McDonalds and he said boy it dont take much to please you.LOL do you know how long its been since I have had any fast food????? A LONG TIME...Just wanted to toot my own horn. Hope everyone is doing fabulous....
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well done you :drinker:
    That's incredible, and only 20lbs to go woo-hoo:drinker:
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    You go girl...that is so so so awesome!!!!! I have sum one new to look up to!!!!
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    That's great! Awesome job on the weightloss :)

However, is rewarding yourself with food really the best idea? I don't mean to sound rude, but it just seems counterproductive. I usually reward myself with a facial or a new outfit - something NOT related to food and the bad crap that got me to my highest weight ever.
  • sblades
    Options
    That is wise advice (above) however... A cheeseburger happy meal can always break my plateaus! And I think it's a great "treat" - by loosing 80lbs she has surely learned that this is a VERY RARE food.
    (also delicious)

Way to go! Have both! (cheeseburger and a facial!)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's fantastic!
    I think you should splurge with a McFlurry too!!! :laugh:
  • marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    You are AWSOME........CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

:smile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! and enjoy your cheeseburger very much earned!!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Yes I could go get a facial instead of happy meal but also think that six months ago I would had had a super sized cheeseburger meal, if I ate that now I would puke.!!!!!! You gotta splurge every once in a while anyways, its good to change things up and if my calories allow it then why not????
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    get your happy meal. clearly you know what to do, 80 lbs lost is AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!!:flowerforyou:

the "don't reward yourself with food" is good advice for newbies, to break themselves of old habits- but she has obviously changed her old ways!!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    That happy meal might not taste so good now that your habits have changed! Congrats!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    you are so so so right, the things I am eating now are things I would have never dreamed of eating 6 months ago......Thanks
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, you are doing so great. Keep up the great work.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!:flowerforyou: Savor every bite of your SMALL cheeseburger!!:laugh: But when you reach your goal, reward youself with a great new outfit or dress and VERY sexy shoes!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!