do good all day and blow it at dinner...

Options
2»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I always eat heavier at dinner, and rather than change that I just plan for it. Try planning out your dinners for the week, and then you can eat around it.

If i make lasagna and I know its 400 calories, then I know I have 1000 calories left for breakfast, lunch and snacks. If that makes sense?
  • holra527
    holra527 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your best option is to not deep fry the chicken at all deep frying is so bad for you!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    potatoes would not go good with this meal! plus i had them the day before :) you have lemon chicken on rice with lemon sauce dripped all over it... icky with potatoes :P
  • lin7604
    Options
    Your best option is to not deep fry the chicken at all deep frying is so bad for you!

yes true, this is the ONLY meal that i make that is fried at all, so i figure if i make it only once a month max, that's ok....

I have thought about if there was a way to make it with out frying it but the coating on it is sticky and won't bake well for some reason, it has to be cooked quickly, like frying....
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    675 for 1 cup of rice? Are you sure? It can't be plain rice. Did you pull the cals for a cup of dry rice, or a cup of cooked rice?
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Isn't blowing it at dinner evidence that you have not had enough calories during the day?
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try making substitutions - I've found you can make just about any cream sauce with skim milk and a flour thickener and get the exact same results as the cream version. Also, try egg whites for eggs, etc... For cheese, go with a full flavor - like sharp cheddar - but only use a bit of it. Instead of spaghetti, try spaghetti squash - it's a squash that comes out in strings like spaghetti. It has next to no flavor and works great with a sauce. If you are using broth or stock, use home made. And season season season - the better something tastes, the less you have to eat to feel satisfied. I'll eat spicy food a lot because it has huge flavor with very little calories (case in point = salsa). For breading, crumble crackers and toss in that - then bake in the oven on a sheet pan. Just a few suggestions. I use to blow it on dinner and had to figure out a better way to do it! I was shocked when I first started logging - totally and completely shocked!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Whoa. What kind of rice are you eating that 1 cup is 675 calories?! I have a cup of brown rice (regular, with wild, different flavored, etc) and the average calories for 1 cup is around 200 calories. I'm trying to figure out why on earth it was 675 calories for 1 cup?

1 cup DRY might be 675 calories...maybe she mislogged it not realizing that 1 cup dry would make like 3-4 cups cooked
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    i used this site: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php, that is where i got the amounts... I only had 1 cup of cooked white rice ( i don't like brown either).... but it said 675 calories for that 1 cup of rice....but now that you mentioned the lower amount, i should of looked on the flippen box 1st! UGGG it showed 320 for 1 cup! huge difference! now where did this site get it's info from? now it makes me wonder if the rest of the home made recipes i have used have been completely correct with the nutritional facts it gives?
    If you use 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water, that would be 3 cups... so shouldn't it be 225 per cup?

Anyway, rice is an easy thing to cut out. You could eat half a cup and cut out even more calories. But the best thing is to figure out your recipes before you eat so you know how much to eat.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Isn't blowing it at dinner evidence that you have not had enough calories during the day?
    Not necessarily. It can be a case of not realizing how calorie-dense your dinner is.
  • lin7604
    Options
    that was excatually what happened to me!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. It can be a case of not realizing how calorie-dense your dinner is.

Just saw the rice error. I guess she is not really over eating. THats what I thought she meant.
  • lin7604
    Options
    i used this site: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php, that is where i got the amounts... I only had 1 cup of cooked white rice ( i don't like brown either).... but it said 675 calories for that 1 cup of rice....but now that you mentioned the lower amount, i should of looked on the flippen box 1st! UGGG it showed 320 for 1 cup! huge difference! now where did this site get it's info from? now it makes me wonder if the rest of the home made recipes i have used have been completely correct with the nutritional facts it gives?
    If you use 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water, that would be 3 cups... so shouldn't it be 225 per cup?

Anyway, rice is an easy thing to cut out. You could eat half a cup and cut out even more calories. But the best thing is to figure out your recipes before you eat so you know how much to eat.

actually it was minute rice i made and it was 2 cups of water and 2 cups of rice...... yes rice is easy to cut out but this meal is the only meal i eat rice with and i only make it once a month, so i am not going to cut it out... i will enjoy my favorite meal :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    actually it was minute rice i made and it was 2 cups of water and 2 cups of rice...... yes rice is easy to cut out but this meal is the only meal i eat rice with and i only make it once a month, so i am not going to cut it out... i will enjoy my favorite meal :)
    Once a month is not going to hurt anything! I would eat it and enjoy it.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Once a month is not going to hurt anything! I would eat it and enjoy it.

thx! i do feel better now that i know there was a error made... so i will eat and enjoy!