New... but seeing the light!

Options
I started on this fitness quest 4 weeks ago. I signed up for MFP to track myself and get on track, I logged my 1st day and wanted to vomit when I saw how many calories I was consuming and was still hungy. Over 3000 per day and was stil hungry. I immediately said "That is it, I am done with this" so I went into the refrigerator and looked at what I could prepare. I made a shopping list and got the basics. Salad, chicken, fruit, veggies...

I knew if I ws going to cut my calories, I woud be super hungry if I startd at the gym so I chose to get my hunger under control first!

I began at 1800 calories for a few days, then I set a goal of less than 1700, missed it one day, but I got back on track. Now I am down to the 1400"s range and am thrilled. I do get hungry throughout the day, but I have learned two things.Eat food, drink WATER!!!! I eat my planned meal, drink a bottle of water. I am still thinking about food so I get up from my desk and go for a short walk around the office and talk to folks about their day and upcoming holiday plans. This distracts me. Once I notice I am no longer hungry, I go back tot he office and get back to work. This works great, but when I feel the hunger coming, I grab some carrots and a bottle of water. It has worked miracles.

I start to get snacky around 2:00 in the afternoon and I pull out a 1 cup container of apple sauce,,, OMG what a lifesaver. It fulfills the sweetness I am craving and is a mere 50-80 calories. I drink a bottle of water, go for a quick walk arounf the office once more and then back to work til 4:00. I go home and I am starving so I drink yet another bottle of water on the way home. I prepare dinner which I can usually tough out then eat my meal, drink a diet soda and excuse myself from the table. I immediately take any leftovers and prepare my lunch then get them out of my sight.. before I start munching on leftovers. It has worked wonders!!!

Now that I have my hunger under control and it does not have me,,,, I started at the gym today. I had a great time. I am beginning to feel sore, but I had a wonderful workout. I am so lucky I have a co-worker (actually a few) that are big time gym rats and are helping me get underway with a cardio and strength training program. I am beginning to see the light for real. I have lost some weight, not much, but it hasn't been that long. I was hoping to merely change my habits for the better so I can get this weight under control without all the crashing involved with immediate desires and sugar rushes. I am really happy right now with the way this is working out. I will be happier to get some photos so I can see the progress. I am not going to dwell on the scale, but on the measurements.

If anyone has any motivating pages, or comments, please feel free to share. I am not an iron maiden, I expect to have some slips, but I will not revert back tot he 3000 calories a day... NO WAY!!!

Thanks for reading, I hope to hear from some folks soon!