I dont understand what s going on !!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i agree with what most of the pther people on here are posting. i looked through your food diary real quick (just looked at about 10 days) and it looks like you're probably not eating enough. if i were in your position i would invest in a heart rate monitor to ensure an accurate calorie count during work outs, update my diet/profile settings, increase my cal intake by 300-400/day, and be patient. i know it can be tough but if you are taking in fewer calories than you're burning you WILL lose the weight. hang in there :-)
  • LaLaMicha
    LaLaMicha Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I will check it out. I also am increasing my exercise and intensity. I will not give up. It has been one month without any results, and I am diligent with my counting and working out. Plus I have been doing this most of my life. I don't know why I am not getting any results.
  • LaLaMicha
    LaLaMicha Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Is it possible we are eating too little? I basically stay under 1200 calories. Have been doing this for years. I am going to try staying between 1200-1500 and see what happens. I am beyond frustrated with all the tie and energy I am putting in and not seeing results. I only have 10 pounds to lose. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    You are eating too little...I was doing the same thing....check out this group "the olivia method" Many people have had great luck with it and Im also doing it...essentially you are eating your BMR...check it out:-)

Thanks so much. I will check it out. I also am increasing my exercise and intensity. I will not give up. It has been one month without any results, and I am diligent with my counting and working out. Plus I have been doing this most of my life. I don't know why I am not getting any results.
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind that:

a. Muscle weighs more than fat. So working out, while excellent for your body, usually translates as a slower weight loss

b. Hormonal changes for women tend to result in water retention. It took me years to realize that at certain times of the month (namely ovulation and menstration), I'm always going to either gain or maintain my weight.

Whatever you do, don't give up, guys. That's been my solution so many times, and all it does is make you feel horrible afterwards. Try some of the solutions others have posted, like maybe switching up the exercise routine period. The human body has such an amazing capacity to adapt to movements that ater awhile, the routines you're used to and getting good at suddenly don't burn the calories that they used to. Take a few weeks doing something else, like bicycling or swimming. That might get you over the hump.

And remember, we're all here to help and encourage as needed. Just keep on keeping on, okay ^_^
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Your diary shows that you have LOTS of calories left over at the end of each day. What activity level do you have your profile set to? I see you run a daycare so you probably have it set to very active? Either your activity is set too high and you're just not burning enough calories to create a deficit (I don't think that would be the cause though because you are not eating all your calories).. Or It could actually be that your metabolism is sluggish from not eating all your calories?

A few suggestions would be to -
    *up your calorie intake, see if that makes a difference
    *invest in a HRM to see how much calories you are burning through working out and running the daycare
    *invest in a food scale to be sure of your portions
    *change up your work out routine, the body gets used to the same exercises and foods over and over again and then doesn't burn as mush calories as a result

And also remember that we have slumps where we don't lose
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind that:

a. Muscle weighs more than fat. So working out, while excellent for your body, usually translates as a slower weight loss

b. Hormonal changes for women tend to result in water retention. It took me years to realize that at certain times of the month (namely ovulation and menstration), I'm always going to either gain or maintain my weight.

Whatever you do, don't give up, guys. That's been my solution so many times, and all it does is make you feel horrible afterwards. Try some of the solutions others have posted, like maybe switching up the exercise routine period. The human body has such an amazing capacity to adapt to movements that ater awhile, the routines you're used to and getting good at suddenly don't burn the calories that they used to. Take a few weeks doing something else, like bicycling or swimming. That might get you over the hump.

And remember, we're all here to help and encourage as needed. Just keep on keeping on, okay ^_^

I had to have sugury 6 years ago so I dont get it any more.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    zig zag calories and do weights one day and cardio the next.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind that:

I had to have sugury 6 years ago so I dont get it any more.
    Part of your weight resistance can be because you did have the surgery ony your glands are producing the estrogen so your body saves it and we all know where it is saved in fat cells.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Ok Im going to change my workout up. Increase my incline and speed, and resistance. Im going to try to eat more.
    With my workout. Sometimes I just don't know what to do some days.

So lets see if I have this right. My net should be 1200 calories.by the end of the day.

Drink lots of water.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Everyday I

Treadmill 30 min at incline 4 @ 4.0 speed
    Then after that elliptical 20 minutes on at incline 1
    Then some free weights and after that I have some machines I use.