Costco's Trip Today...Need Assistance Plz...

Options
Good morning everyone,

I'm making a trip this afternoon to Costco, it's been a long time since I've been there and wanted to know what "healthy food items" you guys get. I wanted some ideas from you all so it will make my trip a bit easier. TIA

Smiles,
Brandi

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I'm making a trip this afternoon to Costco, it's been a long time since I've been there and wanted to know what "healthy food items" you guys get. I wanted some ideas from you all so it will make my trip a bit easier. TIA

Smiles,
    Brandi
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest issue is to know what kind of plan you're on ... I count calories and fat ... I have done low carb before and it just doesn't work for me. Other people are the exact opposite. Tell us what you're going to eat and we can help you shop best!! Have fun :flowerforyou:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    I think the biggest issue is to know what kind of plan you're on ... I count calories and fat ... I have done low carb before and it just doesn't work for me. Other people are the exact opposite. Tell us what you're going to eat and we can help you shop best!! Have fun :flowerforyou:
    I was a member of Weight Watchers almost a year ago, so I'm pretty much following that plan, low fat.
  • mRina66
    Options
    I love Costco! I should prolly go there soon myself:)

my list would include:

Water
    Zone bars ( i love how they taste)
    100 calorie big pacs
    big packs of chicken breast and turkey patties
    brown rice
    big pack of tuna in water
    cereal

I would mostly buy stuff that wont go bad soon
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow-20 pack of sandwiches are on sale!

I also got their package of Spring Mix lettuce that is really good!
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I like to buy a brick of cheese, easy to slice into protion sized bars for a snack.

Costco has some very nice meats, and fish. Load up on salmon, always found it to be good there, and I live on the coast. Also their chicken is cheap and good quality.

Also they have some good deals on Gatorade, for when you are working out, or just sick of water all the time.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    On my Cost-Co list everytime I go is...

water bottles
    baby spinach leaves (fresh)
    bananas
    broccoli (fresh big bag)
    blueberries (if I can find the money)
    Kirkland shredded cheese (I sprinke a little and it is easy for the kids and the same price shredded then the brick cheese is normally)
    snow peas
    chicken breasts
    string cheese
    dog food ( I guess that doesn't matter for this list, I was just copying my list :smile: )
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    a big ol' jar of pickles! great for low calories, but just watch your salt
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I buy all my meats, chicken, fish, fruits and veggies there. BUT...because it's BULK make sure you plan your meals well and put veggies in everything or they'll go bad before you know it.

I also stock up on low fat, healthy soups there too...for my lazy days.
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Great, thanks a bunch!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Smiles,
    Brandi

Hummus, Veggies, Beans and frozen fruit
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It's probably too late, but our Costco has had the coolest red, yellow & orange baby sweet peppers in the produce dept this winter. They are soooo yummy! The best thing since baby carrots!
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    I always get the chicken and vegetable potstickers...yummm:tongue:
  • vizz
    vizz Posts: 5
    Options
    I am going today as well.
    Here is my list.

Big jar of pickles
    container of Spring mix Lettuce
    bag of mixed frozen fruit (the absolute best snack)
    fresh salmon
    splenda
    water
    some frozen veggies
    pizza
    I probably go there once a month and my family probably wouldnt let me back in the house if i didnt have one of there hot combination pizzas. They really are awesome and its my one indulgence.
    I figure i cant leave all the greatest tasting foods behind so i choose my battles and treat myself occasionally to something like that. It makes me feel normal.
    Happy Shopping!!!
    I'll be shopping in Green Oak Michigan around 2pm today.
    Maybe we'll run to each other.
    Vizz
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I like to "perimeter" shop as much as possible for my groceries.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's probably too late, but our Costco has had the coolest red, yellow & orange baby sweet peppers in the produce dept this winter. They are soooo yummy! The best thing since baby carrots!

I think Costco is similar to Sam's Club? (we don't have Costco here) I LOVE those little baby sweet peppers!!! I got a huge bag y'day and they're already half gone after dinner last night (my family loves them too!).

As for Sam's Club... I buy:

Arnold's (Brownberry) 100% whole wheat bread (2 pack)
    Santa Fe Whole grain tortillas
    Sabra Hummus (roasted red pepper is my fav!)
    Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges (3 pack)
    Big bag of fuji apples, bananas, grapes, whatever fruit is in season/ on sale
    Big bag of Eat smart veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots)
    Big bag of Romaine lettuce
    Peppers
    Large jar of pickles
    Deli lunchmeat & provolone cheese (for my hubby's sandwiches)
    Milk & eggs
    Asian stir fry veggies (huge bag in the frozen section) & frozen fruit
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Skinny Cow-20 pack of sandwiches are on sale!

I know that they were on sale at a great price, but I with held from buying them because they would have not lasted more then a week in my house.. :ohwell: