Don't Knock it 'til You've Tried it!

keiraev
keiraev Posts: 695 Member
4 weeks ago I was about 1lb from my goal weight so after bouncing around the same number for about 6 weeks or losing 0.5 here or 0.2 there, I decided to switch to maintenance calories (1680).

I played around with numbers a bit so my average weekly intake was betweek about 1500 and 1700 calories over the space of a month.

The first week I gained 1.5lb but the second week that came off plus an additional 1lb. Then today I weighed myself after not having looked at the scale for a fortnight and I had nearly 3 more lb!

Some days I ate below the 1600 (maybe 1200/1300/1400) but some days my net was honestly more like 2200 after exercise!

The point I am trying to make is that I am now 2lb under my original goal of 120lb - I am just under 5ft 4 and 118lb. Small ladies don't assume you need to eat 1200 calories or less to lose weight, eating more WORKS! I didn't even intend to lose this much and it happened because I was obviously giving my body what it wanted (more food) and my metabolism is obviously quite high due to exercise.

I was stuck for about 6 weeks at 125/126 lb eating 1200 calories so that proves to me really that eating that little may work for the first 10 or even 20lb but after that you need to eat to lose :)

Really looking forward to maintaining now especially just in time for Christmas!

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    :heart:

:drinker: Cheers to the eaters! I'm glad to have you as a pal!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Might try this! Thanks! Congrats!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    ** Applause! **

Great job! Eating more rocks!!!
  • keiraev
    In addition to this my friend in the picture is 111 lb and has lost weight in exactly the same way !:drinker:
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    :heart:

I hope lots of people read this!

Great job!
  • KarenPostmus
    KarenPostmus Posts: 28 Member
    4 weeks ago I was about 1lb from my goal weight so after bouncing around the same number for about 6 weeks or losing 0.5 here or 0.2 there, I decided to switch to maintenance calories (1680).

I played around with numbers a bit so my average weekly intake was betweek about 1500 and 1700 calories over the space of a month.

The first week I gained 1.5lb but the second week that came off plus an additional 1lb. Then today I weighed myself after not having looked at the scale for a fortnight and I had nearly 3 more lb!

Some days I ate below the 1600 (maybe 1200/1300/1400) but some days my net was honestly more like 2200 after exercise!

The point I am trying to make is that I am now 2lb under my original goal of 120lb - I am just under 5ft 4 and 118lb. Small ladies don't assume you need to eat 1200 calories or less to lose weight, eating more WORKS! I didn't even intend to lose this much and it happened because I was obviously giving my body what it wanted (more food) and my metabolism is obviously quite high due to exercise.

I was stuck for about 6 weeks at 125/126 lb eating 1200 calories so that proves to me really that eating that little may work for the first 10 or even 20lb but after that you need to eat to lose :)

Really looking forward to maintaining now especially just in time for Christmas!

Interesting that you should say that, b/c that's pretty much what the Curves meal plan also suggests - it seems so backwards, but apparently there is a rising number of people that actually aren't eating enough and therefore also causing weight gain...!!

Thanks for posting:)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    bumping
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 628 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Hooray for eating!! I am so glad it worked for you. It's nice to hear from people who are shorter and smaller who have had this work for them.

And what a great opportunity to make a plug for the most awesome group ever! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day
  • I'm so glad to read your post! I've plateaued and have decided that this is my next "plan of action." And, I probably would have given up on it if I saw any type of gain and no loss for any amount of time. I've been use to watching the scale to now. Finally, I'm getting to the point of monitoring BF% and how my clothes feel.
    Thanks!!
  • keiraev
    Hooray for eating!! I am so glad it worked for you. It's nice to hear from people who are shorter and smaller who have had this work for them.

And what a great opportunity to make a plug for the most awesome group ever! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day

Joined!:smile:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Great work! I have increased my daily calorie intake this week because despite working out like mad I was losing very slowly about 1 lb every 9 to 10 days. This week I have not worked out more than 30 day shred which is 20 minutes and I have eaten back all of my calories and upped my daily intake and I have lost almost 3lbs already. It definitely helps to eat more sometimes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!