What is your morning "pick me up"?

Options
Sometimes I am so groggy in the morning and coffee is not doing the trick. I have a light desk job so that doesn't make waking up any easier. What foods, drinks, vitamins, etc. have you found that get you going in the morning? I'm also looking for an energy enhancer for throughout the day! Thanks!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    go to bed an hour earlier
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just have regular coffee with 1 sugar and low fat milk. Sorry nothing else.:drinker:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Garfield-i-dont-do-mornings-4275804-550-350.jpg

Some of us just aren't designed to wake up all bubbly and perky.

Seriously, don't talk to me until noon...
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just stick with caffeine pills - usually take one when I wake up before I hope in the shower, they do take a little bit to get used to though.

Before workouts I like a pre-workout supplement with 1,3 DMS and caffeine
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    Greetings:

I naturally love, love, love apples, but i loved them even more after learning this fact about them. Study shows that apples wakes you up just as good as coffee does! Now, i didn't stick around to read the entire article, the headline was good enough for me. Im not a coffee drinker, but apples do help me stay away in the mornings, with out the caffinated crash. I buy presliced apples from walmart.

Crys
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have time or not, but exercise definately helps. I'll wake up at 5:30 like 'oh man, i don't want to do this' and then after I work out I definately feel energized. Getting out of bed is the hardest part though...
  • sandrahover
    sandrahover Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Garfield-i-dont-do-mornings-4275804-550-350.jpg

Some of us just aren't designed to wake up all bubbly and perky.

Seriously, don't talk to me until noon...

amen!! :laugh:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

This. If you're that tired in the morning, you're probably not getting enough sleep.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Try some hot peppermint tea.....it's deeeelish!! If you need the "sweet" kick....add a little stevia or natural honey!!
  • sandrahover
    sandrahover Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Diet Mtn. Dew... there, I admitted it. That is the first step...

ditto! 1 every morning. And most people know not to talk to me till I have had that first sip. :happy:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I love cappuccino, but it's high in calories so I sometimes have a diet soda. Pepsi Maxx makes me insanely hyper.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have my tiny gala apple slices! Nice little nibblies wake me up when I have a full day of desk inventory work ahead of me. I sometimes dip them in that low fat caramel sauce.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    COFFEE :drinker:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if coffee is not waking you up, its possible that you actually need to cut down on it for a while or cut it out to bring your tolerance back down
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck on unsweetened iced tea. :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

This. If you're that tired in the morning, you're probably not getting enough sleep.

If i get 5 hours sleep, i wake up feeling like crap.

If i get 8 hours sleep, i wake up feeling like crap.

If i get 12 hours sleep, i wake up feeling like crap.

If i wake up, i feel like crap in general. Some people simply take longer to get going than others.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    A couple of minutes playing with my dogs! Seriously, they are happy and as energetic as can be in the morning waiting for me to open even one eye and then they begin their happy dances. It's contagious :)
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Vitamins -- B complex in particular. Gives me lots of pep. (my drug of choice :D )
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sex! :yawn:

Always gets me going in the morning!
  • adschimek
    adschimek Posts: 12 Member
    Options

If i get 5 hours sleep, i wake up feeling like crap.

If i get 8 hours sleep, i wake up feeling like crap.

If i get 12 hours sleep, i wake up feeling like crap.

If i wake up, i feel like crap in general. Some people simply take longer to get going than others.

Ha ha, love this!! I mean, I don't love it, but it describes me perfectly. I know I'll get yelled at for admitting this, but when I'm really desperate I'll go for a Diet Red Bull. Otherwise anything carbonated seems to perk me up some.