Kinda depressed today :(

I just found out that my current weight (a.k.a. my starting weight) is 7 lbs higher than what I had estimated :( It's also the heaviest I've ever been. Crap.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    The number doesn't really matter. You knew how you look and feel, and that hasn't changed. Don't worry about it - you will be smaller before you know it.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Tell yourslef that this will be the LAST time you will see that number!! It's all downhill from this point on!!!!! I kinda got a number shock myself earlier this week so I feel your pain. Sunday is my start date.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    In the beginning, I found that just focusing on 5 lbs at a time is helpful...then when that's gone, you think about losing the next 5. Don't stress over the big picture (its a marathon, not a sprint).

Hang in there...you can do this!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Take your weight loss slow and never give up. Just keep logging and making better choices.
  • Thank you!!! I do hope this is the last time I see such a high number on the scale ever!!! I guess I'll just focus, do my thing and otherwise wait.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    I have so much to lose that it is discouraging if I look at the whole picture so I just try to set little goals for myself. I know the scales at the doctor's will be totally different from mine because they always ARE...always......so what matters to me is that my number on my scales is going down and mostly that MY CLOTHES FIT BETTER!!! I'm not going to let those numbers discourage me (I hope) and just going to keep fighting through....that's all that matters!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Don't forget to REWARD yourself as you hit your "mini-goals" along the way. Set up some things you'd like to do (like maybe a pedicure, some new gym clothes, etc..) and have milestones where you celebrate your progress!