I'm not so new

Options
Hello all,

I started using this site in the summer and never visited the community. Now that I am at an unmotivating stage and not losing more weight I wanted to check out the message boards! I now realize that support is what keeps you motivated and going!

Well I am 20 years old and my weight has been up and down for most of my life. I am 5'4 currently 145 and my personal goal is to never go above 150 again. I really just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and right now I feel so much better about myself. I would still like to lose about 10 more pounds by my birthday (which is in May) but this last bit is being a little tricky ;)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You can go it. Just never stop logging. :drinker:
  • mysweetFiona
    Options
    I am 21 and 5'3.5" and my weight has been fluctuating between 165-168 lately.. i started doing myfitnesspal in July of this year and i started out at 178.. this was after my second child. I really really need some support! How heavy did you start out at?? I am dieing to be 140........ but day after day it gets a little tougher... and my exercise has been lacking ever since thanksgiving week! :S i was down to 163 right before the week of thanksgiving.... im gettin a little nervous! if you have any advice or wanna add me, please do!
  • rnstarr
    rnstarr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I'm new also, but I would be happy to share with you.

I'm a 52 yo female. Sedentary lifestyle due to being a teacher. I started lifting weights back in July hoping to see some toning and weight loss. My weight just stayed the same, bouncing around a 5 point area.

Three weeks ago I decided I was going to do something different. Now, three days a week, I ride the stationary bike 10 miles. I work up the tension every mile or two from level 2 tenion up to 4, then 6 and level 8, and ride at least one mile at level 8, then work back down to level 2 as a cool down. It has worked for me. I've lost 9 # in 3 weeks.

I'm not saying this would work for you, but thought the information may help as you figure out what is best for you!

Have a great day!