Holy Horchata!!! (For those with digestive issues)

Options
Last night a miracle came down upon me from the heavens. My Mexican angels who own the local restaurant (who also happen to be our neighbors and amigos) served us a surprise drink last night.

Horchata! - This is a traditional beverage that is made different ways depending on the origin. In Mexico it is made with rice and cinnamon. My friend calls it "rice water".

So ... I'm eating my delicious chicken fajitas, just part of an order and with no tortillas when the owner brings us this drink. I think Oh my It looks like milk! Oh my it looks like calories! This is NOT good! LOL. But I love to try new foods and drinks.... so I sip. :tongue:

I drank half of the glass and logged it in my diary. There was a recipe on MFP that read 96 calories per cup. And of course, there are recipes all over the net and anyone could make their own.

MY POINT: This drink is awesome for the digestive system!!!!! I've always had issues with my IBS-CONT. So I always drink lots of water, exercise, fiber - the whole nine yards. BUT sometimes, I'm just out of whack - no matter what I try. And I am opposed to pills (that's just me though) They make my tummy hurt and I feel all whoosy. So any natural alternative is a good one. :smile:

With Christmas and the added stress, my roller coaster of digestion was in a pitfall.
The Horchata brought me back to life! I was amazed!

This is my new favorite drink! :flowerforyou:

Just wanted to share my findings. I also did some research on the drink and its benefits and it is true... it is highly recommended for people who suffer with digestive issues.

So give it a try! :happy:

Replies