Young Moms with A Lot to Lose

Options
I am looking for moms, in their late 20's, early 30's who have a lot of weight to lose, like over 100 lbs. I would love to share this difficult path with some people who can directly relate (not that other support isn't appreciated).

I am 28 and have 125 lbs. to lose and struggle every day. If you're in the same boat, friend me and let's help each other.

I am also looking for an accountability buddy. This person and I will text each day and check in on our journey, any struggles or successes. This will also be the person we turn to if we want to binge, but need a distraction. Anyone open to this?

Replies

• future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im always open to offer some support. I have a ton of weight to lose but I'm not yet a mom. I'm hoping to lose enough to get ready for kiddos! I just started a biggest loser challenge if you want to join. that would be 20 people to give you support if you are interested! Either way best of luck! You can do this!
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    35 (well 36 next week) mother of 2 young boys (3.5 and 22 months) with plenty of weight to lose!!!
  • mylilyflower
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im want to lose 80- 100lbs. :) Id love to have a weight loss buddy.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    30 mother of 2 stay home mom I have about 105 to loose total and have lost 43 thus far. Friend me if you like.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am a young mom, alhough younger than you specified. I'll be 20 in April. I also have a lot to lose, actually 105 until my overall goal. I don't know if you are looking for someone specifically in your age range, but you can add me if you want. Either way, I don't mind. =)
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 28 with 120 to lose and have a 15 month old girl! My fitnesspal has been the key for me! It seems so daunting at times though... I started gaining weight after high school so nearly 10 years! ugg... I don't want to enter 30 being overweight and hope to reach onederland by by 29 birthday! Add me, I love MFP friends and love to meet new people with common goals!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I suppose I don't rate as a 'young' mom anymore, I'm almost 37, but I have 4 children and the youngest is 19 months. My goal is to lose 150 lbs. I have hypothyroidism and have yo-yo'd in 65-95lb swings for the past decade. I'm done with that! Add me if you like, it's nice to communicate with people who share a larger hurdle.
  • Mamaccino
    Options
    I could have written some of your post myself. I, too, am almost 37 and have hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed with it after my twins were born 24 months ago. I actually have 3 kids but the oldest is 18 years. My goal is to lose about 35 pounds but if more come off I won't complain. Mostly I just want to feel comfortable in my skin again and not like a frumpy lumpy mom. I am not sure the best way to go about this so I even set up an appt with my primary doc to talk it over with her. I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say but maybe I can even talk to a dietician too. I just need that kind of kick in the pants to get going. It's a difficult time with all these cookies and sweets around. I have to build my will power up. I *just* signed up so I don't know yet how to friend someone on here but if you'd like to send me a friend request or whatever it's called on this site, feel free. If not, I wish you the best.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Friend request sent :D
  • allisonlov
    allisonlov Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Found this post. Looking for other young mom's trying to lose weight to converse with. I am a 30 year old mom of 3 (and counting hehe). I want to lose 100+ lbs. I'm almost half way there, 52 lbs lost so far (since April). I've lost all that with diet changes, feel like at this point I need to make more changes and start exercising too.

8741887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hello, you can add me if you like. I am a Mum too. i am 31 years old and 237lbs so lots to lose here too. I have 4 girls, a 4 year old and 3 3 year olds. I've lost 22lbs so far since October and started exercising at home. Its hard to sqeeze it in some days but I love how energised I feel afterwards.
  • MLR9110
    MLR9110 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 29 with a 19 month old and have about 100 pounds to lose. I would love to buddy up. I think having someone else hold you accountable helps tremendously. I also think it will be nice to have someone outside your normal support or lack there of group. It will be nice to have someone to vent to that understands when you fall of the wagon ocasionally as well. Let me know if you'd like me to be that buddy. I need the extra motivation. I am totally up for it!
  • Bulldogmama1
    Bulldogmama1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 32 mom of two boys ages 3 and 18 months. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I love the accountability of MFP. I sent you a friend request :)