How to stay healthy during winter/holiday

Options
What are everyones tips and tricks to avoid the goodies during this time of the year. They brought in candy and cookies and pizza today and it's hard to say no! I did allow one cookie today.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A beginner's guide to refusing food:

Step 1: Look to the left
    Step 2: Look to the right
    Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 in rapid succession
    Step 4: Say, "No thanks"
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    tricks? just say no.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Keep some snacks handy so you don't get overly hungry and give in.
    Or, save some room in your calories for a treat. (Such as your one cookie a day.)
    Or, do a little extra exercise and earn enough extra calories for the treat.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    img_nofoodpusherslg_3.jpg
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to have hot tea around at all times. It's healthy, zero-calorie, and having something in my hands seems to help me refuse other stuff. That tactic worked pretty well for avoiding the bread at Cheesecake Factory. :)
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It is going to be hard- there are so many temptations over this time of year and all the family (if anything like mine will be indulging) I also have the struggle as my gym are reducing there timetables for a few weeks so will not be doing the same classes I would normally.

I plan to stick with it as i have only been back on the exercise/ gym plan for 6 weeks after having babies and really dont want to put on the little that i've lost. I am thinking lots of fun active games like wii dance party and instead of driving to the gym using my bike. I will have a great xmas but within reason. When your tempted think of the hard work so far and how you'd feel if you had a few more lbs to lose, that should be the motivation we all need.