What the hell ?

Options
I have been trying to loose a pound not 20 like i originally intended so i make small goals to not to intimidate myself but still nothing.

Last 2 weeks I've done nothing but followed everything proper and still nothing !

i haven't lost any weight but i keep gaining.

I run 20 min and do 20 min strength training morning.
I eat my work out calories and i do eat more than i used to where i am not starving myself.

Monday - Wed i do 1.5 hour muah thai and
tuesday - thursday i do 1,5 hour or boxing work out
friday i am off

sat 1,5 hour of boxing and sunday i am off

what's wrong here !

i am still 140 pounds for the last 2 weeks - and i tried 2 different scale

i want to cry soooo much !

all i want is last 20 pounds - and nevermind that a little change maybe a pound !

i should've lost at leasts a pound the last 2 weeks ?

any advice...

new scale ?

sigh

:brokenheart:

Replies

• melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to loose a pound not 20 like i originally intended so i make small goals to not to intimidate myself but still nothing.

Last 2 weeks I've done nothing but followed everything proper and still nothing !

I eat my work out calories and i do eat more than i used to where i am not starving myself.

friday i am off

what's wrong here !

all i want is last 20 pounds - and nevermind that a little change maybe a pound !

any advice...

new scale ?

sigh

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    How are your clothes fitting? Did you take your measurements and compare them from before to now? Maybe you are losing inches, but just not weight yet.
  • melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    no still the same ! i am the master of maintaining the weight - having nothing change is frustrating :( i have been 140 since last September !!!!

it's insane

how can i shock my body ?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You drinking all your waters? :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Mel,

Remember. This is a LONG term thing. Ask Kerri how long it took her to lose any weight. Now she's down what? like 100 lbs or so. Trust us, it works, you just have to give it time, patience and persistance are the most important aspects. I know it's hard, we've all been there. Give it time, give your body a chance to do what it needs too, and keep working, it'll happen.
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What are you eating and how often? Also are you frinking enough water? Are you working out in the morning before eating or drinking? Are you snacking thru the day a cookie here or chip there? Also watch your sodium intake, it will make you retain water. Try doing a different exercise, maybe you body has become use to it and its not working well anymore or you can really UP the workout speed so you are heavily sweating. Hope some of this helps:flowerforyou:
    :drinker: You can do it you just have to be extremely detailed.:drinker:
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    How tall are you? What is your bone structure? Do you REALLY NEED to lose any weight at all? Maybe your body is telling you that you are just right!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I feel you... I've been at the same weight for just over the last 2 weeks now. I lost my first 15 like they were nothing and now I'm just standing still. I am noticing definition in my arms and shoulders, and my bum is firmer, jeans are looser. I can still see the big, thick layer of fat covering my stomach and thighs, though.

I upped my cals this week, hoping that would change something. I had my profile set for 2 lbs per week, but that was impossible once I lost the first 15 (can't have a deficit big enough unless I eat under 1200). So I changed it to 1 lb per week, which gives me an extra 190 cals per day. I'm hoping that in a week or so, the new calorie intake will help.

I also had to change my activity level. I'm a dog walker and before I started MFP, I walked my regulars at a leisurely pace. Now I have turned those walks into mini-workouts. I count them as cardio (my HRM tells me how many cals), but I still do real work-outs on top of that. So I changed from sedentary to lightly active.

::sigh:: Waiting is crappy, but at least I'm being healthy while I wait! Sorry I can't be of much more help. It gets harder the longer you work at it because your body just adapts and tries to hold on to those last few pounds. But don't give up, keep pushing and eventually you'll break that plateau. :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor. Maybe you have a thyroid issue? I know "everyone" has a thyroid issue these days but your symptoms sound like they fit!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. But I can tell you I know how you feel. For the past month, I have had no loss. I've wanted to (and have) cry and/or do something violent (don't worry, I wouldn't do anything bad) cuz it's making me so mad. But this morning I was FINALLY down a pound! I just reevaluated what I was doing (or not doing) and tweeked my eating and exercise a little. All I can say is that our bodies are weird and unexplainable sometimes, but hang in there cuz when it finally gives and you lose again it will be worth it!!
  • jersygirl09
    Options
    What is your carb/protein/fiber intake? It should be at about a 40/30/30% of your total calorie intake. Also, I stick to a 1600 calorie diet give or take. I never eat the extra calories from exercise on purpose. I guess my question with eating your exercise calories is, why? You have to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight so if you eat the extra calories from exercise you might as well not have exercised at all. Try sticking to a set number of calories. Check your carb/protein/fiber intake with what you are eating and try to stick to the 40/30/30 principle. I do P90X as my routine for exercise so I'm working out 6 days a week for between 45-75 minutes. I burn anywhere from 450-800 calories with my workouts. I've lost 11 pounds since I started my routine in the first week of January. I don't know if this will work for you but it is worth a try. Hang in there, you sound determined so I'm sure you can do this.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    ****SIGH****

See why I get so sad sometimes here guys?

It's times like this I just want to scream!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Jersey- I don't think you should give advice like that until you have read all of the NUMEROUS posts explaining why that concept is inaccurate.

Please see here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Banks has done a LOT of research to create these links. and we have many members who have lost 150-200 lbs following these rules. so please don't give bad advice to newbies, when you are a newbie yourself.

(please understand I am not being grumpy/preachy, it just is counterproductive to post wrong info for others, and my ticker shows that the method works. I started at approx. the same time you did)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    ****SIGH****

:ohwell:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

friday i am off

what's wrong here !

any advice...

new scale ?

sigh

What about your inches? Any loss there?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? What is your bone structure? Do you REALLY NEED to lose any weight at all? Maybe your body is telling you that you are just right!
    Sometimes I wonder that when folks have a certain number they want to reach. Who says our body wants that same number?:wink:

Lots of good thoughts here for you ...as Banks shared, it's a long term commitment and anyone that's lost and done it in a healthy way and has been able to keep it off has done it the healthy way.:happy:

As often shared on here we didn't gain the weight overnight so we can't expect our bodies to drop it overnight. :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    ****SIGH****

Yes, I see, I totally see why one would wanna scream:noway: :ohwell:

FC:heart:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, it is frustrating but if you stick with it you will notice results.

I actually gained according to the scale when I first started this. But my body was changing and I was becoming more toned. I read the posts Banks had done and stuck with it. And eventually the weight started coming off.

You seem to be in a healthy range so it is just going to take more time.

Hang in there! :drinker:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    ****SIGH****

I know, but think of all the people you have helped :wink: .
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh and another quick note...after 32 pounds lost (that is just since MFP, I had a FEW on my own :laugh: )

The ticker has been stuck...I am not giving up and trying to switch up my exercise routine to get it moving again. You can do it!!!! :flowerforyou: