Finally... a FILLING low cal meal!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• shrinkingsuccess
    Options
    Any other suggestions for low cal filling foods?
  • spazicoco
    spazicoco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You definitely have to rinse....they smell pretty bad. After rinsing, I either throw in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes or in the microwave. The texture doesn't change drastically - it's definitely a great substitute for pasta BUT it won't "taste" like pasta. I've done what the other post mentions and just add to any sauce that I'm preparing. It's really filling and next to nothing as far as calories go for the amount that you get. I have made sooo many ways.......add chicken breast, chicken italian sausage, just veggies, marinara sauces, just olive oil/vinegar, capers and "I can't believe it's not butter" spray, or even made a low-fat cheesy bake with the spiral shirataki - the possibilities are endless AND so good for you!!!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I also love using spaghetti squash in place of pasta.
  • romesbabe
    Options
    I heard about these noodles on the Dr. OZ show. He swears by them for a great side. I am really anxious to try them now. love pasta and veggies and this sounds great!
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Egg white banana pancakes are quick and easy, low cal and very filling when you add the Fibre One Cereral. 1 Mashed banana, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup of fibre one original (made into flour in your food processor). I add a couple of packets of sweeter. Mix well then drop by spoonful into a lightly sprayed fry pan.
  • shrinkingsuccess
    Options

I also love using spaghetti squash in place of pasta.

AH HA!!! Good idea!!
  • shrinkingsuccess
    Options
    Egg white banana pancakes are quick and easy, low cal and very filling when you add the Fibre One Cereral. 1 Mashed banana, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup of fibre one original (made into flour in your food processor). I add a couple of packets of sweeter. Mix well then drop by spoonful into a lightly sprayed fry pan.
    [/quote

OHHHHH Also a good idea ...Thank You
    ]
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hope they turn up in Australia soon, any idea of the company that markets them? I might be able to talk to my local store about stocking them, or are they just in the US?

They are in Australia - try a local health food store or many Woolworths now stock them in the health food section - they are called Slim Pasta
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    They're made of tofu and are often next to the tofu in the grocery store.

Google "Hungry Girlfredo" for a great replacement for fettucini alfredo.

Another great Hungry Girl pasta swap is broccoli slaw. Google "Slaw and Order recipe" for a VERY low-cal supper.