Changed my mind

Options
I have the night off from work but still have to go into town to get a few things I still need for my trip. Was thinking about just driving through Burger King as I haven't been there in forever. Out of curiosity, went to their website to see what was in my planned meal.

Enough calories for 2 days, plus enough salt for a week. Decided not to drive through. I'll eat at home before I head in, and have a small meal when I get home again.

This MFP really has messed with my thinking. I think about what I eat now before I eat anything. You all have ruined my life!

Of course you all have put me on a course to a newer healthier lifestyle. So Thank You All very much.

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know that your thinking in a more healthier way of life, GOOD FOR YOU!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good for you, very similar here. I got an app for my iphone that has almost all the fast food restaurants and has nutritional information listed for every menu item. It really disgusted me.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you nsv.:flowerforyou:
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    After even only 3 days of logging I was at the grocery store and picked up a bag of peanut m&ms..... *wait for it*... flipped it over.... *EYES BUG OUT*... 400 calories?!?! Calmly put it back on the shelf..... LOL... it's amazing how quick the transition is.
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I LOVE taco bell, so on my cheat days I will go to their website and find the least calorie infested taco and order only 2 of them.... but i make sure i get a good workout prior.
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used to grab a candy bar as a "treat" -- almost every time I went grocery shopping. Now all I can think is, "I'd have to walk for 45 minutes at my usual pace to neutralize this!" and that's enough to make me put it back :lol: And candy is now a very rare *actual* treat, and I get really, really good chocolate to maximize the impact of a little piece :) It really is a change of brain, doing this.
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good choice. I agree, I think about the foods I eat now. Sometimes I don't log until the end of the day, but no matter how busy my day and how tired I am, I will do it. I think if I stop logging foods, I will start eating too many sweets again.