Too supplement or not to supplement??

Options
I've been working out and watching my calories. I'm feeling great but haven't lost any weight yet.My cousin has been taking HCG and she has lost 20 pounds. I'm not sure if that's the way to go or not. Has anyone else taken HCG, and would you recommend it?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It is not recommended.
    It is dangerous.
    It is very, very foolish.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet

HCG doesn't do anything, you lost weight due to the massive caloric deficit, and you would have lost weight without the HCG
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It is not recommended.
    It is dangerous.
    It is very, very foolish.

Ditto.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Joe and do not approve of the HCG diet.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    oh, i thought this was going to be about actual supplements, not snake oil.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    What they said. All of the people I have ever heard of doing it were only eating like 500 calories a day. Well duh you would lose eating 500 calories a day without the HCG.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not recommended. You're welcome :flowerforyou:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    HCG is a waste of your money. Very, very rarely do you hear of people keeping the weight off using that method.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

This. Is. Awesome. News! :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update, Steven!!