Do you consider carbs or just good healthy food within you c

I know this type of topic has been done to death everywhere but i'm still curious about carbs.

Do you eat a healthy diet that includes bread, pasta etc as long as it's within you calorie allowance or do you try to reduce you carbs as well?

I try to do a mix but i find that carb free doesn't work for me as it's too restrictive and i can't perform as well at the gym without it. I'm trying to find a happy medium.

What do you guys do?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    carbs = not evil

get in at least 1g of pro per lb of lbm and .3-.45g of fat per lb of bodyweight and then fill in the rest of your cals however you like, which includes carbs.

carbs are perfectly fine to eat on on your diet unless you suffer from a metabolic disorder that you need to limit carbs. the only time carbs are bad per se is if you are eating too many and it's keeping you from getting in the above listed minimums for fats and pro
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    I eat as many whole grains as I want. I do eat some refined grains too, but I try not to fill up on them. Whole grains though, I will pig out on. They have lots of fiber, vitamins and minerals. I have no problems losing weight while eating whole grains. I'm not sure about all the science behind it, but that's what is working for me.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I just make sure i hit my macros, create my calorie deficit, and after that...well, i eat what i fancy! Be it fat, carbs, whatever. People really do overcomplicate this...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member

get in at least 1g of pro per lb of lbm and .3-.45g of fat per lb of bodyweight and then fill in the rest of your cals however you like, which includes carbs.

This is what I've been doing. I shoot for at least 175g protein and around 60g fat and let the rest fall where it may. I try to limit processed stuff and actually prefer whole wheat to white and right now this is working well for me.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    I just make sure i hit my macros, create my calorie deficit, and after that...well, i eat what i fancy! Be it fat, carbs, whatever. People really do overcomplicate this...

QFT.