Vitamin Water

Options
Does anyone drink vitamin water? Is this really good for you? One bottle has like 150 calories....Is there a better choice out there? Thanks!

Replies

• alisha123
    Options
    Does anyone drink vitamin water? Is this really good for you? One bottle has like 150 calories....Is there a better choice out there? Thanks!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I used to but only because it tasted good but now I rather not drink my calories
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I drink the Special K Protein Water because it only has 50 calories and it does help fill you up when you drink it with a light lunch or snack. :drinker:
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    Google it -- I'm on break now or I wouldve done it for you... I'm pretty sure someone did a report recently saying its not that great
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I would just drink regular gatorade if you get sick of plain water, or add lemon to water. I found the vitamin water too artificial tasting for me.

You don't really need something like that unless you are working out and sweating right now. A balanced diet will give you most if not all the nutrients you need. Exceptions abound of course, but most people over dose on vitamins, and that is not always healthy either.

Water may sound plain and boring, but I think most people get used to it quickly, and nothing is better for you....
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I don't drink vitamin water - I think it is a waste of money and calories :laugh:

Tap water (with filter) is just fine, and using a nalgene bottle saves $ and landfill space.

Vitamin water is usually sugar water with some vitamins, but not enough to justify drinking sugar (imho).

If you want to up your vitamins, take a suplement and eat a varied diet of veggies, fruits and whole grains.

If you are bored with plain water, then experiment with adding natural flavors (crushed fresh mint, slices of orange, etc.)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to get your vitamins maybe take a multivitamin with water and you can save the calories. Try a flavored water instead. Or flavor your own with fruit. I'm kinda wary of the whole vitamin water thing. I have tried it and enjoy the grape but I'm just not sure if the vitamin content actually helps.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I like it. I don't drink it for the vitamins, nor do I care about the calories, because I'm usually drinking it to replenish after or during intense cardio.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Full.Of.Sugar.

Stick with water, if you need some flavor, throw in some crystal light, only about 10 calories, or (my favorite) Lipton To Go -- Zero calories!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    There is actually a lawsuit being filed towards Coke in regards to Vitamin Water.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu6pkop1Jzc0AjL9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBybnZlZnRlBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=12fkhm47s/EXP=1235153892/**http://wjz.com/business/vitamin.water.lawsuit.2.911930.html

I've never had it personally. Too many calories in liquid form for me.
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    Waste of money and calories, in my opinion.