calories, calories, calories

So far ( day5) Ive been under on my calorie count. The note at the bottom of the screen tells me to stay on point, that Im getting too few calories. Does this really make a diffrence? Lets me know do you all stay on point or go under?

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    I try to hit the mark, because it's set for safe weight loss. Too little food and your body starts to slow metabolism which leads to weight gain.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    plus or minus 100 calories isn't bad.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I agree that +/- 100 isn't bad, but consistently going under 1200 is very low. Under once in a while is fine, as long as you balance it out with just as many times over. For most people, 1200 is the minimum recommended amount, and many people do better with a little bit more.
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    i used to love to see a bunch of calories left over at the end of the day, but then i stopped losing weight and even started to gain. i upped my calories a little bit and make sure to stay as close as i can to my calorie goal (including eating most of my exercise calories) and i started losing weight again! you will lose initially with that low of a calorie intake but eventually it will stop because your body will hold on to everything you eat and you won't lose weight.
  • JayBear13
    JayBear13 Posts: 37 Member
    I usually only eat 900 calories and i have been able to see my hips now and my ribs( not in a bad way) and i love it and i don't really care cause i have lost a bunch of weight in just two weeks