Appetizers

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
Okay so I have to make an "appetizer" like snack thing to bring to work next Thursday because we all are. Does anyone have any yummy healthy easy to make appetizers?

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, Major Gray's mango chutney, Blue Diamond smokehouse almonds.
    Spread the cr. cheese on a plate and smear the chutney on top. Smash up the almonds and sprinkle on top. Serve with crackers. For a kick, use red pepper jelly instead of the chutney. WICKED easy!!
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ants on a log? Celery topped with peanut butter and raisins. Though I've also heard they're good with cream cheese instead of peanut butter. I haven't tried that version. I like peanut butter. =) Not sure how it ranks on the healthy meter though.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is always yummy and not terribly bad for you.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Assorted "hummus" tray...in addition to regular hummus, I make a edamame "hummus", and beet "hummus" (don't knock it till you try it) with sliced cucumbers, baby carrots, celery and whole wheat crackers...maybe over the top, but oh, so good. Message me if you want recipes! BTW, I KNOW it's not really hummus if it's not chickpeas.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    This one is always a hit and it's easy, healthy and cheap.

2 bricks of ff cream cheese (or 2 tubs) Room temp.
    Cocktail sauce (I make my own with ketchup and horseradish so I can make it spicy)
    3 cans baby shrimp (it's by the tuna) rince, drain and air out
    Shredded taco cheese
    1 can black olives (diced)
    1 bunch of green onions (chopped - green part only)

Take a plate layer cream cheese, then cocktail sauce, shrimp, cheese,olives and onions. Serve with crackers

I bring this everywhere and it's always gone within no time.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    How about a smoked salmon spread?

Plain Greek yogurt (about 2 cups) OR plain lowfat yogurt strained overnight through a coffee filter (cheaper and gives the same thickness)
    4 oz smoked salmon, chopped into bits
    4-6 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
    1-2 Tbsp capers, chopped
    1-2 Tbsp minced red onion
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Make it at least a few hours ahead of time so the flavors can meld a bit.

Serve with triscuit-type crackers and.or veggies.

Good luck! :)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Buy a couple packages of Athens Mini Fillo shells and fill them with anything! I love them. I make mini quiche with them and I've filled them with Spinach/Artichoke Dip and Crab Dip...... also made little cherry tarts with them.

Here's a link to their website for more recipes.... they are great! http://www.athensfoods.com/consumers/recipes.aspx