will i be able to?

I am currently 218 and have a first goal to be 150, my concern is that when i losse the weight the skin wont go with it (I want to wear a bikini), has anyone else lossed about 70 or so pounds and have some helpful comments? Thanks!

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    If you're 18, you probably won't have any problem. The amount you will lose from any one area is not going to be more than a pregnant woman loses from her abdomen, and since you didn't gain it as fast, you probably don't even have stretch marks.

The up side to losing weight slowly using a sensible portion control plan is that your skin can keep up with the changes.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Your first goal should be lower. Make it 200 for now. Make your final goal closer to 150.
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    you have to do toning exercises along the way to your goal to keep your skin shrinking with you. as long as it isn't 100% cardio then you should be able to lose the extra skin.
  • sourpatchkids
    sourpatchkids Posts: 15 Member
    I agree with the PP. Set your first goal to get into the 100s...so 199. Then, maybe 175, then 150.

Also, I gained 50lbs when I was pg with my son and when I lost it all everything was all good again. No worries!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    The only person I know who managed to lose a fair amount and not have excess skin issues deliberately took a number of phases of maintenance during her diet to let her skin catch up to her. She wanted that more then to get small fast. It worked. She looks great now and she's gonna rock the navel piercing she wants.
  • DLPanther
    DLPanther Posts: 14 Member
    I think as long as you lose it gradually you'll be fine. I am very similar to you, I started at 210 and I'm at 190 now, aiming for 165. When it comes to skin, I mostly noticed that the stretch marks I accumulated from the bursts of fast weight gain have lightened up to they are barely noticeable now. Also, since I went from no activity to 3 times a week at the gym, I've noticed as my strength improves the flabby parts on the arms and bottom actually tightened up a bit.

I decided when I started not to concentrate on a number at the end, but to make it my goal to be at a healthy 30% body fat. I use one of those handheld body fat meters and the target weight calculator at http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/WeightBodyComp.html to figure out what my goal weight will most likely be. It's been really useful to know I have a realistic goal weight, as many of the websites and calorie goals turn out so low I can't stick to them (even this one! I set my goal and calories with my trainer)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!