Spinach, Basil, and Tomato Frittatas-delicious!!

Options
I made these a few days ago, and they are so great I've been dying to post them on here to share! I found the recipe in a Sprout's magazine. They are so quick and easy to make, and they last for up to a week in the fridge. They also make an excellent side dish or little appetizer to lunch or dinner! Let me know what you think of them!

Per serving: 70 cal, 55% fat cal, 4g fat, 2g sat fat, 110mg chol, 6g protein, 0g fiber, 193mg sodium

You need:
4 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 tblsp reduced fat milk (recipe calls for 2% but low fat/no fat is better)
1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 cup minced basil, 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered, 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (low fat option preferrably), 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 cups baby spinach leaves

1. Preheat over to 375. Coat 4 1-cup ramekins or 8 1/2-cup muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Break eggs and egg whites into a large bowl and beat well with a whisk. Add milk, pepper, salt, basil, tomatoes, and cheese.
3. In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil; saute garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add spinach (I broke it into pieces so as not to overwhelm the individual frittattas) and saute 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted but still a vibrant green. Add spinach mixture to egg mixture. Ladle into prepared ramekins or cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until eggs are cooked thoroughly (they will expand while cooking and collapse while cooling.) When cool, remove from tins. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
Serves 4-8/Prep tip: If you're making these for picky eaters, combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper separately; add vegetable or cheese individually to each ramekin or muffin cup, then pour egg mixture over the top.

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I made these a few days ago, and they are so great I've been dying to post them on here to share! I found the recipe in a Sprout's magazine. They are so quick and easy to make, and they last for up to a week in the fridge. They also make an excellent side dish or little appetizer to lunch or dinner! Let me know what you think of them!

Per serving: 70 cal, 55% fat cal, 4g fat, 2g sat fat, 110mg chol, 6g protein, 0g fiber, 193mg sodium

You need:
    4 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 tblsp reduced fat milk (recipe calls for 2% but low fat/no fat is better)
    1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 cup minced basil, 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered, 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (low fat option preferrably), 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 cups baby spinach leaves

1. Preheat over to 375. Coat 4 1-cup ramekins or 8 1/2-cup muffin cups with cooking spray.
    2. Break eggs and egg whites into a large bowl and beat well with a whisk. Add milk, pepper, salt, basil, tomatoes, and cheese.
    3. In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil; saute garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add spinach (I broke it into pieces so as not to overwhelm the individual frittattas) and saute 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted but still a vibrant green. Add spinach mixture to egg mixture. Ladle into prepared ramekins or cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until eggs are cooked thoroughly (they will expand while cooking and collapse while cooling.) When cool, remove from tins. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
    Serves 4-8/Prep tip: If you're making these for picky eaters, combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper separately; add vegetable or cheese individually to each ramekin or muffin cup, then pour egg mixture over the top.
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    Serves 4-8...
    I'm guessing the 70 calorie is for 1 of the 1/2 c muffins?
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I assume so, the recipe didn't say