Eat what you want.

Options

Replies

• mice152
    mice152 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This cracks me up. Is it sick of me that I actually find it motivational?
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying there is always tomorrow. Kick your feet up and relax, have some cheesecake, throw back a couple of brewskis!

Yeah look ultimately I agree. You have to forgive yourself; you can't change past. And yes it is ok to let it go some days so you can release that anxiety that comes with being good.

I'm also saying that it's easy to become too lax with it. The balance is hard to strike and is rarely there for long.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Smoke a couple. Watch TV.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Do I smell sarcasm?

But I agree somewhat...have a piece of pie every once in a while!...just don't have the whole pie. ;)
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying there is always tomorrow. Kick your feet up and relax, have some cheesecake, throw back a couple of brewskis!
    Be gone with you Satan!!....
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    lol.... Id rather see Beezlebub tempting me than Alison Sweeney! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • traceracer
    Options
    This is an interesting topic to me. A lot of us are overweight because we eat too much. We eat too much because we're addicted to food.

Usually with addiction you just resolve to never partake in the practise ever again. You vow to never drink another drink or smoke another cigarette. When the demons start rationalising for you you always go back to the single, atomic, prime directive: DO NOT DO THAT, EVER!

With food you can't do that. You can't just 'never eat' because you need to eat to live.

So what you end up having to do is instead of treating all food as the same you have to compartmentalise food into separate categories. These foods I can eat and these foods I can't. These foods are my 'cigarettes' ... never to be eaten!

It's hard, though, because it's easy for those 'bad' foods to creep back in because you're eating anyway. One cookie after dinner is ok ... then it's another cookie while watching TV then it's 3 cookies after dinner because it's within your calorie budget then it's the whole pack because hey, while I'm eating cookies I may as well ... one more isn't that bad.

It's just a slippery slope that for some of us we really need to either avoid the cookie altogether or designate one time a week were we officially allow ourselves that ONE cookie.
    I cant eat just one of anything that is bad for me! I must banish all bad foods or I will fail. Just as I did the other night when a friend brought a huge box of doughnuts over. Could I eat just 1???? Hell no!! Had about 4......She is not my friend anymore...haha
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i eat what i want when i want- its all about portion control and i think some people forget that
  • Beeazlebub
    Options
    This is an interesting topic to me. A lot of us are overweight because we eat too much. We eat too much because we're addicted to food.

Usually with addiction you just resolve to never partake in the practise ever again. You vow to never drink another drink or smoke another cigarette. When the demons start rationalising for you you always go back to the single, atomic, prime directive: DO NOT DO THAT, EVER!

With food you can't do that. You can't just 'never eat' because you need to eat to live.

So what you end up having to do is instead of treating all food as the same you have to compartmentalise food into separate categories. These foods I can eat and these foods I can't. These foods are my 'cigarettes' ... never to be eaten!

It's hard, though, because it's easy for those 'bad' foods to creep back in because you're eating anyway. One cookie after dinner is ok ... then it's another cookie while watching TV then it's 3 cookies after dinner because it's within your calorie budget then it's the whole pack because hey, while I'm eating cookies I may as well ... one more isn't that bad.

It's just a slippery slope that for some of us we really need to either avoid the cookie altogether or designate one time a week were we officially allow ourselves that ONE cookie.
    I cant eat just one of anything that is bad for me! I must banish all bad foods or I will fail. Just as I did the other night when a friend brought a huge box of doughnuts over. Could I eat just 1???? Hell no!! Had about 4......She is not my friend anymore...haha

So, have a few doughnuts! You have a 13 and a 9 year old. That has to be so stressful. I am sure you are not appreciated as much as you should be. Well you know what, I appreciate you. I think you deserve some doughnuts or what ever else you desire.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Im conflicted between your post and your profile pic.....lol

as was I.

Same here...Awkward silence....
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i'd love some cheesecake or some chocolate chip cookies.. but i think i'll just have some cantelope for dessert.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Love this thread--Beeazlebub you're in my head, LOL!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    cheesecake_goth.jpg
    Story of my life
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    This is what we hear from all of the saboteurs in our lives (husbands, wives, mothers) every time we get to something good and they want it too but are unwilling to work for it.

Clearly you don't see why we're all here...to get healthy and LIVE our wonderful lives longer!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Maybe later. I have something I want to accomplish.
    ^me too :)
  • Beeazlebub
    Options
    This is what we hear from all of the saboteurs in our lives (husbands, wives, mothers) every time we get to something good and they want it too but are unwilling to work for it.

Clearly you don't see why we're all here...to get healthy and LIVE our wonderful lives longer!

Are you kidding, I want you to have everything your heart has ever desired!
  • traceracer
    Options
    cheesecake_goth.jpg
    Story of my life
    LMAO!!! Think I peed myself a little....
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm not listening to you!!!! Go away!!!!!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    trollolol
  • sometimes its ok i agree.