NSV: Success-Motivational hybrid

Options
I am a medical student, currently in cardiology module, and today in lecture we learned that for every one unit decrease in BMI a woman decreases her risk of heart failure by 7% (gents you go down by 5%). In my 9.5 months here I've gone down 3 BMI units (down 5 from my highest weight). I was very proud of this achievement as it was, but today I was extra proud for giving my heart a 21% boost over these last months.

Everyday on here I see fantastic stories of people getting themselves healthy. I hope everyone takes a second to remember that not only are your outward appearances improving and getting all foxy, but your heart (the whole reason that body is even up and running!) is benefitting tremendously from your commitment! Congratuations on your success so far and keep up the good work!!

Replies

• stephaniev07
    stephaniev07 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! A unit is a whole point correct? like when I started mine was 41.75 and now it's 38.90 So I have dropped almost 3 units?
  • MegsMads
    Options
    Yes, exactly! Congratulations, by the way, that's great!
  • Sorova
    Sorova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's great to be able to quantify (even in a rough estimate) the tangible health effects of losing weight. On top of helping our hearts, we're decreasing the strain on our knees, hips, and back. We're lowering the strain on several major organs. Losing weight can also help lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol, and allow for better sleep by decreasing the propensity for things like sleep apnea.

In short, good for all of us for taking concrete steps to increase our health. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!