Hydroxycut???

Options
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering, has anyone tried Hydroxycut? I have heard it works, but I'm worried about any weird side effects... weight loss isn't worth hurting your health:sick: :sick: . Any insight from hydroxycut users?

Replies

• Fatbridesmaid18
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering, has anyone tried Hydroxycut? I have heard it works, but I'm worried about any weird side effects... weight loss isn't worth hurting your health:sick: :sick: . Any insight from hydroxycut users?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy foods and workout daily....seems to be working withOUT Hydroxycut. When I see those late night infomericals all I can think of is ......ugh scamming more ppl out of money and putting fear in their heads that they can't do it without a drug.

Have you tried the eating heatlhy/excercise route? How's that working for you?:flowerforyou:

Please consider long and hard before you go the drug route, it can have some serious long term effects and totally mess up your metabolism.:noway:

Oh and no I have never tried it but felt compelled to comment.:drinker: :wink:

FC:heart:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills make me feel really crappy and nervous. Maybe if you just eat when you are hungry a pill that makes you less hungry would work? I eat when I'm bored or sad or happy...any reason really besides hunger! So making me less hungry is really nohelp at all!
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    I agree.
    It's not something you can use for the rest of your life. So just take your time and do it right the first time around.
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    So i was going to do Hrdroxycut... But insted i started taking "Burn 60" its pretty good...
    It says take 2 pills 30min b4 your workout..... So i did 1 pill for about a week and now im at two... I like it.. Havent truly seen any results yet (only been about 2 weeks)
    Now i feel a bit more shakey but i think its supposted to keep you going!
    I also have about 3/4 to 1/2 a cup of coffee with it (AND water) just to wake up

Would i keep buying it...YES
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to put that crap into my body. I did myself enough harm by eating all the bad stuff. I've lost 75 lbs by changing my eating habits and working out. It can be done. My husband on the other hand was using Hydroxycut for a while. He didn't see any difference really... so he stopped taking them. He's now lost about 20 lbs without pills.
  • beagle595
    Options
    There isn't a magic pill out there... Anyone can lose weight with healthy eating, portion control, water and exercise. Keep the chemicals out of your body and you'll be more healthy! Be well! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to put that crap into my body. I did myself enough harm by eating all the bad stuff. I've lost 75 lbs by changing my eating habits and working out. It can be done. My husband on the other hand was using Hydroxycut for a while. He didn't see any difference really... so he stopped taking them. He's now lost about 20 lbs without pills.

woot woot!! :happy:
  • alcamsmom
    Options
    my husband and brother in law were taking hydroxycut. it gave them rapid heartbeat and jitters. My brother in law then tried acai pills, that also made him very jittery. I am diabetic so I asked my endocrinologist about the 2 different pills, he said not to do that, maybe try a colon cleansing, counting carbs or calories, and exercising. I hope I was a help somehow, and good luck:wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Mr. Mackay says: Drugs are Bad, mmmmkay!

I agree with all the posters who have said it: drugs are not the solution- we all wish there was a presto! solution, but there isn't.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Every Label Says: Take along with diet and exercise.

Fat Burners are used by bodybuilders to increase the intesity of their workout and the ones I know only use them when they are in the cutting phase.

I have taken different types of these "Fat Burners" and all they really do is spike your enrgy level for a short period of time.

The one that made a large difference for me was the Luecine XT from GNC which is primarily the Amino Acid Luecine. The difference that was made was the inteisty of my workouts nothing more.
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    All the diet pills on the market are gimmicks. They are not designed to help you lose weight, except in your wallet. They are junk science mixed with snake oil and the pray on people desparate for help.

Here is a hint, if the bottle you are looking at makes claims, and it "has not been evaluated by the FDA", well, they are lieing to you.

Trust me if there was a pill that worked, everyone would know it.

That is just a little FYI.

Side effects? Some diet pills make you crap your pants, maybe at your work, or in a store.

Most diet pills increase your heart rate by an un healthy amount. If you have other risk factors, you too can have a heart attack like the Phen Phen people did.

Seriously, they are the worst kind of crap there is. There is no good one. They are all bad, the people who make them know they are bad, but they lie to you because it is a billion dollar industry. Most of these magic pills with all this wonderful (nonsupported) research are owned by the same companies.

Smeagol was a kinder soul than the CEO's of diet pill inc.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    I tried it once and ended up acting like an emotional wreck! I was observed by the state department that day (school teacher) and my first graders were acting bad, so when the state person left, I started crying and told the kids that the man was probably going to tell the principal that I should be fired because I don't even know how to keep the class under control, and that I should just get a job as a waitress instead! And that is SO not like me- especially the crying in front of people part! Stay away from it!!! Well, unless you enjoy acting like a psycho:wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if you like caffiene as in too much...diet pills are an expensive way to get it...
    hydroxycut and those claim a proprietary blend of mystery...it is basically caffiene..so drink some really nice java and save some bucks for cheesecake
  • beachlvr
    beachlvr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Diet Pills: Take the pounds of quickly and once you stop you put the LBS back on even quicker. DON"T DO IT.
    Stay Healthy, Active and Happy!:drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    besides not being a healthy and effective means of permanent weigth loss,
    Hydroxycut also contains ephedrine, which is B...A....D bad! It can cause
    all kinds of problems.

Some of the other stuff in it isn't that bad, naturally derived caffine is fine in small doses
    and taken along with willow bark (which contains natural asprin) is a slight metabolic
    elevator, this is good for when you are working out, and/or need to concentrate on something
    really hard (like taking a test). I STRESS small doses, and NOT all the time. And it
    is not really effective as a weight loss or fat blocking pill. Like any drug, if abused, caffine can
    be habit forming and dangerous in large doses.

I don't see the need to take any of it, heck you want extra energy? Grab some fruit or a slice of
    bread.