wierd eating problem

Options
hey all, I have always had a HUGE appitite, and I felt hungry all the time. Well since I have been tracking my intake and working out this month, I am having trouble eating. I LOVE food, and I still feel really hungry a lot, but as soon as I fix a yummy healthy meal, I take a bite or two and suddenly don't want the rest. I just feel ugh. I am worried that my metabolism is going to slow down even more. Anyone else have this problem?? What am I doing wrong??

Replies

• JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    hey all, I have always had a HUGE appitite, and I felt hungry all the time. Well since I have been tracking my intake and working out this month, I am having trouble eating. I LOVE food, and I still feel really hungry a lot, but as soon as I fix a yummy healthy meal, I take a bite or two and suddenly don't want the rest. I just feel ugh. I am worried that my metabolism is going to slow down even more. Anyone else have this problem?? What am I doing wrong??
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You could be eating the right foods and giving your body the nutrition you need. Most of eat (not to supply our body with food) but just because its there and its time to eat. And it could also by a psychological thing. You are tracking your calories now and realize that every little thing you eat counts, so make sure you are actually hungry when you eat something.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. If you are worried your metabolism is slowing down, then do some weight training because muscle burns even though you are not really working out anymore.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    No nosiness meant here, but it sounds emotional. Might need to do some soul searching.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You call that a problem? :wink:
    No what you had BEFORE when you where hungry all of the time THAT my dear was the PROBLEM!
    This is not doing it WRONG this is you doing it RIGHT!!!
    dulceluva may have hit the nail on the head. You are giving your body the nutrition it was craving! which is why you where hungry all the time before and now you are not.
    SO KEEP IT UP! You are right on track. :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
    Keep eating the several small meals through the day.
    and you will be just fine.
    --Diann...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I know when I first started to loose weight and keep track of calories that I was having a hard time eatting, especially at dinner. I think that sometimes we go from one extreme to the other and maybe because you are trying to be healthier you feel guilty eatting, even if you should be. I just had to set meal times and plan and prepare ahead and eat what I prepared only at meal times until I realized I could eat without guilt attached.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time meeting my calories the three weeks. Then suddenly my appetite came back and I had to be really careful not to over eat again. Your appetite will come back. Your body is probably just trying to figure out what's going on. :flowerforyou:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Agreed, it is an adjustment, give it time you'll be fine.:flowerforyou:
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. I appreciate your replies.