Your Christmas weight loss plans

Options

Replies

• clairelane1982
    Options
    I know its early but I felt like I had to work this out well ahead of time so that I wouldn't just completely stop logging around christmas and never get back on MFP.

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year and all the drinking and eating is part of what I love and I just don't think I could enjoy christmas if I was trying to stick to my 1400 calorie limit.
    So my christmas plan is to keep logging on MFP at 1400 until Christmas eve, then I'll take christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day as free days where I don't have to worry (although I'll definitely be trying not to eat TOO much still) and then I'll get back on track. Although I know since there will be a lot of food and drink floating around if I feel like it I'll give myself some days of eating my maintenance calories too so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm not really concerned with losing weight in the 2 weeks surrounding christmas, just as long as I don't gain any.

So what is everyone else's christmas plans? I know there's gotta be a lot of people planning to keep on track 100% over christmas and I wish you good luck. (:
    My plan is to do exactly what you have just said... 3 days of not indulgance, just a relaxed eating program and then after boxing day back on track...
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I started my diet I made a choice to change my bad eating ways...
    So Christmas is no different... I'm going to celebrate the day, do as much activity as I can to make sure it counts as exercise (somewhat) If I cant get my regular workout done...
    And I'll make sure my food choices are within my calorie count for the day...
    I wish everyone good luck on your choices, and Merry Christmas
  • banana1244
    Options
    I will be traveling across the country, so I don't know how that will affect me. Years prior I always had a burger from McDonalds with a starbucks in the airport... not this year....!!!!
    To answer your question, however, I'm only letting myself not log on MFP on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Also, I will be going on regular 5 mile ways -- in the SNOW!!

MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Well i have decided to take the whole week off of logging and exercise ,Starting from christmas eve till new years day - i love christmas and have alot of parties and family get - togethers so would find it really hard to stick to 1200 calories and when eating at other peoples houses not easy to work out calories etc. I was never on a diet and if you can't eat and drink what u want at christmas when can you!! I will be straight back to logging on the 1st january.
    Hope everyone has a fab christmas and new year xxxx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna trap and kill Donner for venison for the rest of winter...........................................

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to stay on track throughout the holidays. Even if I go over my calorie limit on Christmas I'm still going to log it so that I can see how far I went over but I'm going to try and stay under. I might skip one day of working out though...
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    I am currently doing New Rules of Lifting but I will have to take a break because I'll be at my parents' place from the 17th to the 27th. (I've checked out gyms in the area and their day passes are way too expensive! So my plan is to bring some small hand weights and my copy of 30DS and just do that while I'm there.
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    I plan to keep up with my exercise and calorie counting. BUT, the office holiday party is on Friday and there's always a big spread of yummy desserts (pumpkin cheesecake!) and everyone bringing in extra homemade goodies to share. I may have to add on an extra workout here and there.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I plan to do the same as I've been doing. I know I may go over on calories, but if I don't track it I'm sure I'll do worse than I would if I do. I won't beat myself up when I go over my calories. I also plan to continue with my exercise as usual.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Oh This is going to be hard. I have 1 month long winter break and I will be traveling to Missouri, Wisconsin, NY and Connecticut, and the weather is cold in those places. SInce my workouts mainly consist of walking/ and jogging outside, I doubt I will be able to get that done there. So I really have to be good about my food and watch what I eat. I am so worried :-(
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I will track everything in MFP, simply because I'm a numbers / data geek and MFP has been a habit for me for over a year now. I plan to enjoy Christmas with my family and avoid my rather unpopular eating habits. As you've probably heard someone say before, it's likely more important to watch what you eat between new years and Christmas than between Christmas and new years.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My plan is to have a good week of exercising the week before Christmas --- and then enjoy all my treats and drinks and all that jazz!!!

I'm not really going to worry if I gain a pound or two over Christmas or whatever. It comes once a year, and its my favourite time of the year, so I'm going to enjoy it --- worry free!!
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am taking Christmas Even, Christmas Day and Boxing Day off from my 1200 calorie target. I will log all my intake as usual, but I am going to enjoy whatever I want to eat for those 3 days. It is my treat to myself for all the hard work over the past few months.

It is my favouriste time of year and I WILL enjoy every moment of those three days and will not feel guilty at all.
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    Oh This is going to be hard. I have 1 month long winter break and I will be traveling to Missouri, Wisconsin, NY and Connecticut, and the weather is cold in those places. SInce my workouts mainly consist of walking/ and jogging outside, I doubt I will be able to get that done there. So I really have to be good about my food and watch what I eat. I am so worried :-(

Is it possible to take an aerobics or walking fitness DVD with you and sneak in a workout?
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think its really important to keep logging, even if you are eating over at least you are staying in the habit of managing what you eat a bit. I had my office party on Friday and am already finding it hard to keep back to normal. If I stopped logging even for a couple of days and gave into it entirely I think it could well end up being a permanent or semi pernanent fall off the wagon.
    I am really realising what a delicate balance it is and how easy it is to regain what you've lost.
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am planning to watch my portion sizes and not log a damn thing :D Boxing day, I'm right back on it.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    will be interesting to see how everyone has done and which strategy worked the best after xmas!!!
  • onefourone
    Options
    I have already lost 10 lbs and at this pace by christmas it should be 20lbs however it all seems to be coming out of my wallet lol
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    will be relaxing over christmas eve/christmas day period but still logging, just won't stress overly about going into negative
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i joined a group of girls to lose ten lbs by Christmas a lil while ago and i have four lbs to go! very happy and looking to lose more! 22 lbs til my goal is reached

i track everything, including Thanksgiving. Sure, it was UGLYY lol but i wanted to know what i was doing!