In dire need of new METAL/HARDCORE workout music!

Options

Replies

• gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    WHOURKR pumps me up every time.
  • SIMP666
    Options
    Try Accept - blood of nations.

This always motivates me as the beat motivates me to try even higher. My only problem is that I try to sing to it and I am out of tune, but it does clear a space around me.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I recommend virtually anything by Kylesa, Sepultura, Napalm Death, Mastodon, High on Fire

I highly recommend the first two recordings by Combatwoundedveteran, Six Feet Under - Amerika the Brutal, Liturgy - virtually any track from Renihilation, Shiftplus's cover of Temple of the Morning Star.

Throw in some Tomahawk for good measure (and catching your breath occasionally)!
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    dir en grey's album "VULGAR". you won't be disappointed.
  • onefourone
    Options
    ew. you need REAL METAL like whitechapel, the acacia strain, impending doom, waking the cadaver, all shall parish, oceano. that will get you pumped up:)

YEAH!!
  • RichardCh
    Options
    Nice I like the music taste saved me needing to list out my choice as far as disturbed goes I always love running to stricken!
    WHOA my music genre!! :D
    Okay, I know most of these aren't heavy metal, but I run/walk to them anyways. *pulls out Ipod and lists out some*

Disturbed
    The Browning <--Dubmetal lol
    Trapt
    Korn
    Metallica
    The Misfits
    Marilyn Manson
    Sick Puppies-War, You're going down, Riptide, etc
    Megadeth
    Not really metal, but still good: Linkin Park/Breaking Benjamin/Evanescence/BMTH/Skillet/Rise Against
    The Devil Wears Prada...
    Also, do you like dubstep? Skrillex, Deadmau5, Doctor P, etc, idk if they'd work well for workouts though...but still get you pumped up if you like that sort of thing. :D
  • sunsetxhorizons
    Options
    For Today
    War of Ages
    Goodbye Blue Skies
    The Great Commission
    Gideon
    Your Memorial
    Onward to Olympas

Just to name a few. Anything on ANGR, Facedown, and Rise is a good bet.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My kind of music! I workout to this when I'm really annoyed at myself and want to push myself... My metal workout playlist consists of:

Nile
    Cannibal Corpse
    Deicide
    Arch Enemy
    Chimaira
    Opeth
    Cattle Decapitation
    Amaran (Though that's more symphonic metal)

And a bunch of other bands I can't remember off the top of my head.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    ew. you need REAL METAL like whitechapel, the acacia strain, impending doom, waking the cadaver, all shall parish, oceano. that will get you pumped up:)

there is where the real music is at!! Good form!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    For Today
    War of Ages
    Goodbye Blue Skies
    The Great Commission
    Gideon
    Your Memorial
    Onward to Olympas

Just to name a few. Anything on ANGR, Facedown, and Rise is a good bet.

Most of those bands I know and love and great Christian artists to :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

Waking the Cadaver's first full length album was one of my favourite albums of 2007.
  • dshelton511
    Options
    i have some Paramore on my Ipod, definately looking for some more hard core music to work out too though!!! there are some great suggestions on here!!!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I go to YouTube and just randomly pick either a techno or hard rock playlist - LOVE IT!
  • RockabillyRumble
    Options
    I don't think anyone's mentioned them yet, so I'm going to recommend Strapping Young Lad. :)
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    WHOA my music genre!! :D
    Okay, I know most of these aren't heavy metal, but I run/walk to them anyways. *pulls out Ipod and lists out some*

Disturbed
    The Browning <--Dubmetal lol
    Trapt
    Korn
    Metallica
    The Misfits
    Marilyn Manson
    Sick Puppies-War, You're going down, Riptide, etc
    Megadeth
    Not really metal, but still good: Linkin Park/Breaking Benjamin/Evanescence/BMTH/Skillet/Rise Against
    The Devil Wears Prada...
    Also, do you like dubstep? Skrillex, Deadmau5, Doctor P, etc, idk if they'd work well for workouts though...but still get you pumped up if you like that sort of thing. :D

So glad someone brought up Sick Puppies and The Misfits!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Psyclon 9, Lamb of God, Nile...stuff that my dad, bf, and I all like.
  • Allersfera
    Options
    I have a huge playlist, but everytime Disturbed, Gojira, Chevelle, Godsmack or Korn come up, I literally feel like superwoman and start running/skating/lifting faster and harder haha.
    btw you should definitely download "The way of all flesh" by Gojira.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    How has nobody mentioned Hatebreed? ;) OP you probably already have 'em on your iPod, but I have found these guys to be the quintessential angry lifting music for years, lol.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Anything by Dragonforce.
    Most anything by Avenged Sevenfold

Avantasia - Breaking Away
    Edguy - Arrows Fly
    Stratovarious - Eagleheart

Probably more that I missing.