Anyone else not using the app?

Options

Replies

• Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I only use the app for a barcode scanner at home. Otherwise, it's the site.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I like the web-site interface better than the app interface, but I do love the convenience of being able to log food when I'm out. I also like the daily and weekly summary pages that show all of the macro and micro-nutrient running totals on the app, and the macro-percentage pie chart is helpful too - especially for a weekly average. If I didn't have the iPhone app though, the website would be sufficient.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I am technology challenged.
    No smart phone or apps for me.
    I am one of the few that only uses her phone for CALLING ( don't even text ) and for emergencies.
    No ipad, ipods, mp3s...none of that.
    I strictly use the website.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smart phone, so I'm web-only.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I do not use it.

I refuse to get a "smart" phone, Ipod or even a cell phone.
    It's not about technology but accessibility.

I just don't want to be that connected to others, bothering me all day, interrupting my routines or tracking my movements.
    This friend of mine has an application that enters his location all day on his FB page - insane!

There is freedom in being disconnected.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't use it!
  • lil_bit711
    Options
    I have a smart phone but choose not to use the apps at all. I refused even to get one until my friends kept texting me. Does no one talk anymore!!?? It takes me longer to try and type on my smart phone than go on my computer. If it wasn't for my techy friends I wouldn't have one at all!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to refer to the "MFP app" around here so I wondered if there were others like me who don't own a smartphone and are just using the site to track their food? There must be other technology "dinosaurs" out there!

(I'm going to buy a smartphone very soon, though... Belated birthday present!)

I love my droid, but don't really like the android app for MFP.

I don't use my phone for interactive websites mainly because of the screen size. When I type something on the computer, I like to see it on the "big screen," lol. And my fat fingers have me tapping the back button a lot.

The internet on my phone is used for checking emails (not normally responding to them though), reading the news, checking the weather, etc...
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I just replied to this thread from my iPhone :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a blackberry (lame) and use the MFP app to log my food and weigh ins. I cant complete my diary, comment or see the boards with it. For that I have to be on a computer.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smart phone either, but I have MFP on my computer all day at work too, so I'm never far away from the site.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options

So true.
  • mrsgolfie
    mrsgolfie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a smartphone and have the app; it is good for when I have been away without my laptop. Although I like using my computer better but it sure helps.
    When I go to work though I usually enter night before what I'm planning to eat and just add the few other things I might eat extra either by my smartphone or my computer at work. Depends on how busy I am if I use my work computer; lots of times I will use my phone when on my break. :smile:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The full website works great on the iPad. But I use the iPhone app primarily.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i use the app maybe once a week. prefer the site way better.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options

So true.

Love this - very true!!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    app makes it a lot easier to in logg my meal, n't imagaine not using it..
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I just replied to this thread from my iPhone :)

LOL
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    I use both! The app is better for food diary because when you search for a food item it shows the calorie count before you add it. This is helpful when you want to figure out which item is the best. Also, it's nice to quickly look at your news food on the go if your waiting somewhere in public and there is nothing else to do. But ultimately if your at a computer with full screen I'd rather use that.
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use the site on the computer during the day and my phone after work - that way I don't lose track. I hardly use the computer when I get home since I'm on it all day :-(