someone told me!!

Options
Someone told me that drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar will help you lose weight??? Has anyone else heard of this??????

Replies

• naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    Someone told me that drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar will help you lose weight??? Has anyone else heard of this??????
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It would help me because after I drank it i would THROW UP!!!! Lol....no I have heard that it is good...but I'm soooo not willing to try it!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes I've heard it and the myth is it is supposed to help with fat burning, cleansing, supressing appetite etc. Same old hype.

I don't buy into it. You might notice some changes at first (which I would attribute to the placebo effect), but in the long run I don't think it amounts to anything significant.

I would save your money (and tastebuds) and just do it the old fashioned way :wink:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    not for weight loss, it's used to reduce bloating.
  • macollins79
    Options
    not a good idea.... will make you feel ill, its an acid, have some tums or zantac on hand!
    I do know someone that tried it years ago when it was the hot diet "trick".... yah she lost weight but not because it makes you loss weight, but because it made her feel ill and she could not eat her meals.
    She now has to take zantac twice a day and she gained the weight back!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I take it for bloating (if I consumed too much salt)

I also read online that it helps with acne.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I did it for awhile, and then ended up with three cavities. The dentist was confused and so was I, until I realized that the vinegar was eating the enamel away. But it's great for stomach aches, constipation (either end), and wow did my nails grow. I'm going to look into the pill form and see if that is as effective. I miss my long, hard nails.
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It is good for you but you have to make sure you rinse your mouth with water straight after to get rid of any residue on your teeth.