Economy

dkell
dkell Posts: 408 Member
:grumble: Our country is in trouble right now. Everyday businesses are closing, people are loosing their jobs, and loosing personal belongings(like homes, cars etc...):cry::mad:
:huh: :noway: I think the only way this country would come out of its downward freefall is to put money in the hands of the taxpayers. Everyone over the age of 21 should recieve a check from the government for 50,000 dollars. They would pay off the credit card companies, pay some of their mortgages, purchase products, that would drive up the demand which in turn would bring people back to work. :drinker: :drinker:
I hope our good president can bring us back after the last eight years but I don't see it happening the way they are doing it.:grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• dkell
    :grumble: Our country is in trouble right now. Everyday businesses are closing, people are loosing their jobs, and loosing personal belongings(like homes, cars etc...):cry::mad:
    :huh: :noway: I think the only way this country would come out of its downward freefall is to put money in the hands of the taxpayers. Everyone over the age of 21 should recieve a check from the government for 50,000 dollars. They would pay off the credit card companies, pay some of their mortgages, purchase products, that would drive up the demand which in turn would bring people back to work. :drinker: :drinker:
    I hope our good president can bring us back after the last eight years but I don't see it happening the way they are doing it.:grumble: :grumble:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    It wasn't the last 8 years that caused the problem, it was the previous democrats pushing banks and such to give loans to people that had no business getting them in the first place, just my opinion
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I agree- Instead of always bailing out the rich person they need to bail out the little people (US) since we are the ones that keep the economy moving because we are shopping/spending-

Obviously its us that keep it going look how worse the economy got as people started losing jobs there was less shopping/spending going on.

I also think they need to banish credit cards all together- We need to live off cash like back in the day. (I am guilty of relying on plastic but have learned my lesson)
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Goodness.. 50,000... I would take mine and my boyfriends and pay off all our debt (which isnt much, I spend what I can afford) and take the rest for a dp for a house!
  • dkell
    :ohwell: I can see that this is not a good place to discuss politics cause I can see this getting ugly.:grumble:
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    What I have learned is that finding someone to blame doesn't solve the problem.

What I have learned is that we have to band together and vow to solve the problem instead of finding and grouping people into the wrong group.

Like dieting, focusing on the bad makes it worse. Focus on your strengths and grow stronger!

:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I would find a place to live outside the country at this point. :angry:

I could say a bunch of other stuff about illegal aliens and whatnot, but this thread'll be locked down soon enough.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    if you give everyone 50K then we would still be in the same place. All those people that are foreclosing on loans and such if you give them 50k they will spend 150K, its a never ending cycle, people just are not as responsible as they used to be or should I say conservative.
  • Wow... you went there! :indifferent: Politics, religion, race, creed, sexual affiliations...no no topics! But, hey, everyone has an opinion, and they should be respected! And...$50,000 wouldn't be a bad chunk of change to have right about now! I would pay off my bills and then take a much needed vacation!!:flowerforyou:
  • What I have learned is that finding someone to blame doesn't solve the problem.

What I have learned is that we have to band together and vow to solve the problem instead of finding and grouping people into the wrong group.

Like dieting, focusing on the bad makes it worse. Focus on your strengths and grow stronger!

:flowerforyou:
    Amen, sister!!! :happy:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    well I'm glad they are passing a 'stimulus plan' since it worked SO well the last time:noway: :grumble:
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    well I'm glad they are passing a 'stimulus plan' since it worked SO well the last time:noway: :grumble:

:drinker: I agree !
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Can you say Great Depression and World War II?
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNS8IY_Td14

Just a little info................take it as you please:wink:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Hopefully we all can use this time to reflect- those who have jobs to appreciate them. Those of us who do to put that time into caring for those in our family and for those in our community who need help. There is never no work to do. You might not get paid for it.. but there is plenty of work to do.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Just a reminder folks - no politics on the message boards. See the forum rules for more info. Thanks for your cooperation.
This discussion has been closed.