Biggest Loser Meal Plan-sent to your home???

Has anyone tried either the 5-day plan (which allows you to cook two days of meal yourself for some flexibility) or the 7-day biggest loser meal plan where they send the food to your home? It's pricey ($120 a week for the 5-day, plus $24 s/&h), but definitely not much more than I was spending going out to eat for lunch/dinner everyday and definitely less if you count the drinks (yes, I've since cut those out)....

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,139 Member
    Personally I find this type of promotion taking advantage of the naive, not saying you are. Not to mention the quality and expertise that I'm sure is or more than likely compromised based on profit margins. There is no magic pill or meal. It's the wild west in nutrition and we got townfolk gathering around the wagon. :explode:
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Not to mention that the foods the send out are probably high in sodium as much pre-packaged meals are
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Buy whatever protein you choose, veggie and a carb. Also buy several plastic freezable containers and make enough for a week or two and freeze the meals.

I do this, and its nice to have a basic ready to reheat meal, and then add any sauces you may like or spices. I've done a large meat ball, mixed frozen veggies, and potatoe, Could do ham, veg, and mac&Cheese. Get creative. Then it will taste to your preference.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Way to pricey for me. If I was single...? Don't know if I would. I make my own menu up for the week, cook and freeze or refrigerate. I like knowing the what goes into my food and where (mostly) it was made.
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    From the reviews I have read online by Googling, the meals are pretty watery, bland and chicken heavy, and of course expensive... and when you sign up you are making a four week commitment. People complain of poor/limited customer service, a lack of consultation about either diet or exercise and shipment issues. My general feeling is that there are other, better meal delivery systems out there, though really you'd be better off buying a few diet cookbooks, including the Biggest Loser diet book and cooking your own food.

One review site (go down to the comments section): http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/Biggest_Loser_Meal_Delivery_Plan/
  • I was curious if anyone had tried this too .... I did something similar a while ago when I lived in Chicago. It was called Seattle Sutton. A week worth of food was like $120 some bucks and you didn't have to buy anything extra at the grocery store like some plans. The food was freshly cooked, so you had to go back to your pick up location mid week to get another batch. I did it for 2 months -- but got bored with the selections because I'm vegetarian and they didn't have a lot of options for me. It would have been a good plan with good variety for someone that was a mainstream eater.

But based on what I've read, Biggest Loser meal plan is like Jenny Craig --- over loaded with preservatives and sodium.
  • Just make your won food for the week, prepare your meals and snackls ahead of time - cook on sunday for about three hours and your done for the week, much cheaper, and healthier!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    I could never afford that. I don't even spend that much on my whole family of FIVE for a week.
    I have found that prepping stuff one day (usually Sunday for me) for the entire week makes the week go much more smoothly.
    I prep as much as I can, and sometimes I do make meals that can freeze.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    HOLY CRAP THATS EXPENSIVE! I don't spend that much money per month on food
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    I bet that food is nasty. I would go with the cook it yourself and freeze it girls advice.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,139 Member
    Wow, are people really that gullable to think it was those specific foods that created the weight loss and had nothing to do with exericse. I bet the food isn't even close to what the participants actually consumed............people will buy/believe anything if it's all shiny and bright. lol