whey in water

Options
2»

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I use body fortress and it's okay. With ON, i suggest adding a little vanilla exctract, that helped me with it :)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use Syntrax Nectars. They have several flavors that are made specifically to mix with water. Roadside Lemonade, Lemon Tea, Twisted Cherry, Fuzzy Navel. They are all great tasting.

Here's a link to the website so you can check it out.

http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I mix my protein with water and then add frozen fruit (it's a mix of peaches, strawberries, mango and pineapple that I guy at Walmart). Mix in a blender and it's a fruit smooothie...but my protein is chocolate flavored.

Good luck!!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla body fortress and I always use water. I also add frozen fruit and chobani yogurt to make smoothies. Tastes very yummy.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with water all the time. I find it weird that you can't.

I've also drank salsa, raw eggs, tuna & coke.

I'm old-school.

Sometimes food isn't about tasting good.

Time to start runnin with the big dogs.
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress also vanilla and chocolate, it's great just mixed in with 8oz of plain greek yogurt. I also blend it with greek yogurt, silk soy vanilla and some frozen berries for a delicious shake.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    First, I would find out why you are strictly required to take this with water.

I PERSONALLY take it with water but it's because:

a) My body doesn't handle milk in large amounts very well.
    b) I want to eat my calories whenever possible and using water allows me to save those milk-calories for food.

But there's certainly nothing wrong with mixing milk in your whey and it will make it much more tasty -- just need to account for the calories.

I would first try reducing the amount of water. Try mixing two scoops in about 8oz water and shake it up. Should make it slightly sweeter and less watery. Frozen mixed berries are a good addition as well.

Both of these reasons are why the milk was cut. I bloat like no other with milk and I can save those calories for other protien rich sources later in the day. I did it with half the water today and much better...I am thinking I can probably cut it down again too. Did not want to puke. Lesson learned the hard way.

You bloat because your lactose intolerant.. and why protein comes from milk. Mix that with milk and you got an issues. I know.. I'm the same way.

I started mixing mine with soy milk, and I'm not having nearly any of the bloat that I did... and plus it's only like 35 calories a cup which isn't bad at all.