Confession Time

Options
jbosey
jbosey Posts: 119 Member
Yes, I have a mistress with which I have spent many long deliciously intimate hours for the past umteen years. Each time that I decide to never return to her, it happens the exact same way...she calls me and begs me to come spend my time with her even for a short while. Much like a beautiful siren on the dangerous rocky cove, moaning my name louder and louder, she entices me to do wrong. The very hint of her scent causes my mind to wander to those times that we last enjoyed, bonded together in a lustful passion that is almost impossible to ignore this time. This vixen has control of me to the point that the very thought of her releases the juices in my salvatory glands, causing my mind to linger on the remembered curves of her profile, the taste of her inner beauty, the orgasm of sweet pleasure. She is so very BAD for me, causing me to doubt my abilites to control myself, to do the right thing. I have won the battle for over two weeks now, it does seem to get easier the longer I am away from her. Please help me resist her plead for my attention. I will do this. I know I can....

DAMN YOU BURGER KING WHOPPER!

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have a Whopper once in a while? If it fits into your calories/macros, there is no need to completely cut out any food.
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    no problem having it now and then - CANT BOTTLE UP YOUR NEEDS!
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    I wanted so bad to lay into you when I began reading your post. I was thinking....oooh his poor wife. So glad you were talking about a whopper. My confession.....I love the chinese food buffet...but have been away now for quite a while...if I can resist him you can resist her. :)
  • nurseygirl66
    nurseygirl66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's it. You're on a 60-day no fast food diet. For a moment, I thought I had stumbled onto the wrong website! :noway:
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That was way too sexual for a whopper haha

get a whooper jr and move on :]
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    Why can't you have a Whopper once in a while? If it fits into your calories/macros, there is no need to completely cut out any food.

Very true. I agree.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too - but with Greek food. It calls my name, rocks my world, and leaves me entirely sated but always wanting more.
  • Jconner30
    Options
    Depends on how hard you work out - reward yourself when you hit a goal - dont reward every day.

I LOVE the Double-Whopper!! (No onions or cheeze of course).
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I just - I mean JUST finished eating 2 of them...lol
    It's 2 for one time--1336 calories - OUCH!

I used to eat like that twice a day but with fries and ALWAYS a diet coke.

Anyway, all this means is that I have 2 hours of cardio to perform and one 30 minutes session of resistance.
    I did the Resistance and 1 hour of cardio - just 1 hour to go.

And YES, it was damn worth it!
  • jbosey
    Options
    I was hoping I wouldnt get kicked out of here with that, it was of course only in fun, I really like this site and it is helping me tremendously.

I cannot have a Whopper because that was my last mistake after loosing 23 lbs on watching my caloric intake. Once I gave in, the next times that I LET myself have one came quicker and quicker. Soon I was rationalizing how much better deal the value menu was than just the Whopper, and here come the fries at first small and then large, soon my one meal is consuming all of my calories for the day. No I have to cold turkey the Whopper, it just doesnt work any other way with me.

So far I have found that I am really satisfied with eating about 400 calories for breakfast, 600-800 for lunch and 600-800 for dinner. I plan on implementing the old tread machine at home when I stop loosing a couple of pounds a week from just this reduction in calories. (I hate excerise).
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Whoppers are amazing, and you're a really good writer!! Nice style, and enjoy junk food every now and again!!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I have the same infidelity with Chicken minis from Chick-fil-A. It got so bad that it was all I could think about. I have now said I can have them every few pounds that I lose. It makes me have a reward that I have been craving and it keeps me on track.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I know what you are talking about, eating something once in a while isn't the problem its the inability to say enough, or I don't need another.

I did this with carbohydrates (bread, cake, cookies, croissants") I just didn't even notice I over ate till hours later. I would eat, eat and eat these simple foods without stopping or realizing how much I ate till the box was empty or there are non left.

I broke it by going cold turkey and working on my emotions when it came to these food items. It seems I would get so happy, comfortable, and feel accomplished each time I put one in my mouth. I never wanted to stop feeling that way, that is why I wouldn't stop eating till the box was empty (this is where I started to really notice what I was feeling when I was eating them).

After noticing what I was feeling I tried experimenting with it to see if I could stop myself in the middle, but I couldn't. I just kept going back in to the kitchen and grabbing another, then another and so on. I ended up stopping cold turkey again.

While stopping cold turkey I managed to council myself on eating starches and sugars by reading articles on line that talked about the effect they have on my body, my mood and health.

I went through each aspect. First my body, it gave me a sugar high; a burst of wonderful energy I didn't even need, then the crash. I talked my self in to believing the truth, I don't need that much energy at one time. What am I going to do that requires that much energy, and if I needed that much energy I could find it from another source that didn't cause me to crash.

My mood, when I get that energy serge I start acting giddy and annoying. Sometimes I would just giggle for nothing at all, hell I would annoy myself. Then came the crash where I would be grouchy, again annoying. I don't want to act that way.

My health, knowing how these foods effected me I was worried about diabetes. I didn't not want to be in a position where I couldn't eat any of these foods ever again. I thought that would be so sad. I also worried about the things that diabetes brought like amputation and such.

This took months of going back and forth training my body and mind to stop falling in to the habit of wanting the energy serge, because the cost of it was too much to bare on my body, mood and health.

Finally I can now eat what ever I want, yes even carbs (but now I make better carb choices like no sugar added reduced fat blue bunny ice cream, or coffee-mate sugar free low fat peppermint mocha coffee creamer, and healthful flax and fiber bread) and know how many portions I have eaten and stop when ever I want to.

This was my journey to stop the hold these processed carbs and sugars had on me. I wish you luck with yours :)
  • jbosey
    Options
    Thanks alot Teagin, you put a lot of study into what makes you tick...very wise indeed. It obviously worked for you, losing 108 lbs! Of course that old ad ..."you cant eat just one" comes to mind and boy were they right in my case anyway. Thanks to everyone for you comments and experiences for helping me do this.