P90X at the gym

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
Yes, I know that you can do P90X at the gym. :flowerforyou:

What I am curious about is other people's results doing so. How did your results compare from doing P90X with the DVDs at home versus taking the workout sheets to the gym and using barbells, kettlebells, the squat rack, etc. instead of just using dumbbells?

I'm always looking ahead for new ideas since I change my workout routines frequently (mainly because I don't like doing the same things for over a month) and I was thinking of doing this. I've done P90X in a gym setting, but all I used was the assisted pull-up machine, flat bench, and dumbbells. I was thinking of changing the equipment so instead of holding dumbbells for calf raises (for example) I would be using the standing calf machine and getting a much better workout for my calves without the fear of dropping the weight since my wrists don't like holding anything more than 35 pounds. And during the Legs & Back routine, I would be using a weighted barbell during the split squats for similar reasons.

Anyway...original question before I started babbling: have you used gym equipment other than dumbbells for the P90X routines, and if so, how did your results compare from doing the routines at home with dumbbells along with the DVDs?

Replies

• pereztech930
    pereztech930 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I find it better when doing it at home, something about the gym environment. I do however have a few videos on my iPhone and incorporate the exercises when I work out at the gym. Mostly because they have more dumbbells. I also do Ab Ripper 3 days a week at the gym.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I actually like the gym environment and have better results going to the gym than doing home DVDs. I guess if nobody else has any results to compare, I guess I'll just go make my own and see for myself, lol. I would have assumed that more than us 2 have done it before.