Funny places you find to fit in exercise.

Options
I do Aerobics while my 2 year old sits of the toilet. He will not go unless he sits on the toilet for at least 20 minutes, so I have just started to do exercises while I wait for him to go. Hey, as a mom of three I have to be creative to find time to exercise. So, what are some funny places you find to fit in exercise?

He has started to look at me wierdly as say 'top dat' ( stop that , for those of you not fluent in toddlerese =) It cracks me up.

Replies

• scorpiogirl100
    Options
    I'm a part time cashier and when I have no customers I will do squats...and then on my breaks I will walk around the building :)
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I work at a veterinary clinic, and I do squats when I'm on the phone....if I'm on the cordless, I do lunges all around our treatment room. My boss thinks I'm crazy. :bigsmile:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I had a boss that thought it would be fun to do sun salutations in the middle of the office. We thought he was weird and distracting. If you want to do yoga at work, practice some pranayama (or whatever the breathing is called), or go do it in the break room. No one wants to see your downward dog in that kind of setting.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Way to multitask!!!! I love it!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I work at a veterinary clinic, and I do squats when I'm on the phone....if I'm on the cordless, I do lunges all around our treatment room. My boss thinks I'm crazy. :bigsmile:

Thats awesome!!!!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I work in a cleanroom (yes, completely suited up) sometimes and while I am waiting for something to process I have been known to get on the floor and do sit-ups or run around in circles (when I am alone of course).
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I mastered this - always finding time at work to sneak in push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, deep knee bends, calf raises, aerobic dance, tricep dips and anything else I can think of. I do the same at airports when waiting for a plane in addition to walking the terminal.

I will NEVER miss a workout.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I do pullups from the underside of the staircase in my office (stairs are open so you can grab the back of the treads from beneath)
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Elevators are great, if you're alone that is. Pretty much anything goes, although jumping up and down feels weird.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I do pushup's in our server room... My best friend is a security guard and he does dips, squats, and works with a 20lb medicine ball all day in his tiny little guard shack to keep from being bored out of his mind.
  • jlowensby
    Options
    I am a para at a school so while the teacher is lecturing I will do calf raises or balance on one foot for 30 - 60 secs. Also will hold in stomach for better part of the day!
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    I love these ideas. I have classes in an old 9-story building. The stairs are very steep and I think they're pretty tall. I walk up and down the stairs to and from classes every time. If I get to school too late to walk up, then after class I go to floor 1 and walk up all 9. I'm unbelievably winded when I reach the top so I know I've gotten some good cardio. It doesn't take a long time, but it's something. Also, when I'm cooking or cleaning in the kitchen (where absolutely nobody comes in to bother me, you'd think it was crawling with the plague), I don't ever just stand still. I'll either do squats, or jog in place, or something - whatever seems least likely to interfere with the work I'm trying to get done.
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I work at a daycare and so I dance with the kids, also when we are playign in the big play room or the play ground I will run back and fowarth and have the kids do it with me, I also do wall pushups, jumpking jacks, squats, punches, etc :D the kids love exercising with me too!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Grocery stores (lunges up and down the aisles. :D )

At work (squats, running laps on break, lunges, etc.)
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I dance around the house all fricking day during the week because no one else is home to laugh at my ridiculousness.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    squats every time I use the restroom at work....in the bathroom stall....and with as much water as I drink, I am in the bathroom every 90 minutes...which means a LOT of squats throughout my 10-12 hour shifts!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    When I'm cleaning, I do squats while waiting for the mop bucket to fill, kind of a step-touch thing while I'm at the sink washing dishes, when I wipe the counters, I use both hands and really scrub. Things like that.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, I work in a hospital. Sometimes, the only time alone is the bathroom. SO... I do my thing and before flushing and washing, I do 30 squats, or jumping jacks, or lunges. lol Then I flush and wash. This way if someone is waiting in line to go, they thing I am still going instead of wondering what I'm doing for so long.
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    I mucked out the chicken coop today and deposited all the used straw and chicken contributions to the garden area. I considered that 30 minutes of heavy cleaning :)
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I do pushups against the wall of the stall in the restroom at work. I try to do 25 every time I go (and with the amount of water I drink, that's easily 5-6 times a day!!). I'll also do pushups against the fridge while I'm cooking, or do some sit ups or squats.