UGH! Fell off the (weight loss) wagon :(

Options
I just spent the morning making Christmas treats and cookies and totally blew it. The entire time I was baking and cooking, I'm tasting. I would totally pass on the baking but it's a traditon that my girls love. I still have more to bake. How do I prevent the same thinking from happening???

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    It happens, we're human.. All you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and remember tomorrow's a new day!
  • jessiesheik
    Options
    Do you mean you had a bad day? If so I intend to have some of those to keep me going! Or do you mean you've had enough all together? I did my MFP for months and then just stopped caused id had enough. I thought I could do it on my own for a bit but then I just couldn't keep it up. You might need a change somewhere in your exercise routine or new recipes or if you can afford it I even thought of hiring a chef or personal trainer for a week just to see if that would inspire me. But coming back on MFP and adding new friends seemed to have done the trick. Sorry if this is more info than you needed but hopefully it helped :) you CAN do it :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    how many cookies have I had that I didnt remember to count. too many to remember. Start fresh tommorrow and try drinking h20 while you bake.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Chew gum. At least that's what other people say. Chew peppermint or something because then cookie dough will taste NASTY with it.

I personally just give in and taste test...but then again I like to make sure what I'm baking is actually good...especially when baking stuff for other people.
  • jessiesheik
    Options
    Just realized I only read your posts SUBJECT line and not the rest of your message so my previous message doesn't totally apply!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    One day isn't falling off the wagon! Christmas comes once a year. If you can hold off, try not to taste while you cook, but honestly, if it's a bonding experience with your kids that comes once a year, then enjoy it and don't fret. Just work that much harder the next day. One day off isn't going to ruin your progress. Sometimes an overindulged day can kick start your metabolism!

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My advice is.....don't eat the cookies or the mixture. Willpower and self control - there is no magic wand for this.

Just saying....
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    can you start a new tradition? go to the dollar store and get stuff for xmas crafts or a walk in the bush to collect branches for xmas arrangements. Something to do other then food. I made treats for a party this past week and they are lingering, if friends dont eat them tonight they are going in the garbage!
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Find some healthier recipes , you'll feel better and your kids will be learning better choices too. Throw in some extra calorie burning exercises to help the cause as well. You're not off the wagon, just got some air time going over a bump :wink: