Odd Question for the ladies

Options
OK...this might be a little TMI, but here goes anyway. So I think i'm getting a yeast infection and I'm trying to figure out why. Is it possible from not changing my underwear right after working out? The dampness from sweat getting me all icky? Do you change right after a workout?

Replies

• taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yes,that's probably where you got it from. Yes, I change my underwear after a workout. I normally shower as well. Trapping sweaty moisture down there is a good way to stink to high heaven.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    its also a great way to develop a staph infection. moisture wicking, loose fitting clothing in a non synthetic material and changing RIGHT AWAY after working out, with a quick shower is the best thing to do for your pikachu. also, baby wipes or those charmin multiuse freshen up wipes are good to use in a pinch, to at least clean up the sweat and possible bacteria if you can't shower right away.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i'll start carrying some babywipes with me to the gym, sometimes i run errands and whatnot afterwards and can't shower for a couple of hours. Thanks for the advice!
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Definitely bring a change of clothes - even if you can't shower at least then your dry.
    Yuck - those are murder. See the doctor, get 1 pill, clear it up - get back to working out! Good job!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You should ALWAYS shower if you can right after and definitely change your underwear ... For hygiene purposes and also for the sake of being clean down there... I would recommend you change your underwear as soon as possible. :)
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    i'll start carrying some babywipes with me to the gym, sometimes i run errands and whatnot afterwards and can't shower for a couple of hours. Thanks for the advice!

That's gross. Doesn't your gym have a locker room with a shower?
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    that could be a possible suspect or it could be the detergent you use, diet, if your sexually active and if he had it it could pass to you just use the cream for the seven days and you should be fine if not make an appointment
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Mine doesn't! I pay 12 bucks a month for them to skip that amenity. :(
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Not all gyms have a locker room or a shower. The gym I go to doesn't have a locker room or showers. It has a bathroom, but that's it. And it is significantly cheaper than gyms that have a shower. I'd rather skip the showers and pay less. I can shower at home, thanks. (Plus, I'm disgusted and creeped out by public showers - so even if it DID have one, I wouldn't use it. I much prefer to stand in my own shower where I know what's happened in it....)

To the OP: I wear loose fitting clothes to the gym (none of the skin tight workout gear for me). After my workout, I go home and shower. I don't like how my sweaty clothes feel, so hygenic issues aside - I want to get them off RIGHT NOW.

I would make sure you're getting out of the clothes immediately. I would also take a close look at the clothes you're wearing to the gym. Are the form fitting? Tight? Might want to consider something a little less constricting to keep the moisture away from the body.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    After a workout, you should shower and wash your clothes....:embarassed:
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The over-the-counter stuff works fine for me. Just pop the little pill in once and done.
    Bring a change of underwear if you can't shower.
    Also, check in the pad/tampon area of any store. There are little individual packets of wipes. They're easier than carrying around baby wipes. They're pretty much the same thing but I've never seen baby wipes come in pocket-size packages.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options

**Not all gyms have a locker room or a shower. The gym I go to doesn't have a locker room or showers. It has a bathroom, but that's it. And it is significantly cheaper than gyms that have a shower. I'd rather skip the showers and pay less. I can shower at home, thanks. (Plus, I'm disgusted and creeped out by public showers - so even if it DID have one, I wouldn't use it. I much prefer to stand in my own shower where I know what's happened in it....)**

Yeah, I completely agree with this. Sorry, but a community shower is grosser than waiting to get home and use your own. I would skip the fungus, athlete's foot and urine that is probably on the gym shower floor. Unless of course, You bring your own cleaning supplies and clean it before you use it. Faster to go home and shower...
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I always keep a travel body wash, loofa, towel, and clean undies in my gym bag. I don't care if I put my workout clothes back on and wait to shower later on, my monkeys area is clean and dry.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wearing a pantyliner and changing it is a quick fix when you can't take a shower immediately afterwards. Bonus points if you also change your undies.
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It would be impossible for me to run errands after my workouts..... I stink so bad:) I always shower at the gym or immediately when I get home (I live 2 miles away). I also wear Nike base layers to help wick away moisture from down there. Good Luck!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

dang you're REALLY RUDE.

to the original poster, yes, just change when you're done
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    and I used to go to the gym just to gawk at the ladies................thanks, i USED to.........
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with most of the suggestions here. If your gym doesn't have a shower but a decent bathroom, bring a quick change of clothes and I'd make sure your undies are cotton! Those wet wipes are amazing for getting you clean in a pinch. I hate public showers. I just can't get past the whole world sharing the shower. So I always showered at home.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd be talking to my doc. I don't shower immediately after and YI are not common for me. Be sure you are drinking plenty of water and if YI are common for you, drink lots of cranberry juice too.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions, i'm not terribly prone to them, but have had them occasionally.

My gym DOES have showers, but I'm usually there with my whole family and they don't want to wait for me to shower, they barely want to wait for me to finish my work out...haha. Plus I'm not a fan of showers in public places anyway. I'll just keep a washcloth and a change of undies (cotton) with me to tide me over until I can get a full shower in.