Friends with food diaries wanted..

Options
Hi. I'm looking for friends that are open with their food diary. Could you please add me? I'm really wanting to view what others eat so I can change my diet and maybe get some ideas. I was a little surprised only one of my friends has her food diary open. I thought that was the point of this site to track what you eat/exercise and display it publicly.

Replies

• anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    sure you can add me- i'm pretty new but mine is open to public (flaws and all, lol). i don't really get why everyone's isn't open - aren't the new arrives suppose to be learning healthier eating habits? when you see someone that has been here a while and obviously been very successful- well geez, would love to peek at their food diary/exercise logs..only to find them private and they already have 349 friends. kinda a big oh well.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Take a gander my man!
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and my diary is available to view. Although word of warning - never ever EVER follow a Friday night!

Or a Saturday night.

Occasionally Sundays.

In fact, Mon-Thurs I am angelic - follow that!!!
  • noelslp
    noelslp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me too! I joined a few months ago but only started really doing it this week! Good luck to you!
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    Mine is public and you can add me too if you want :smile:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You can add me (I'm in the UK though).... some days I'm good and then others I'm lazy...
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Must have been something I said.....he didn't add me!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Request on the way!
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can add me... My diary is open to my friends... It's not always perfect, but I've lost 100+lbs, so it's been workin... ;-)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    sure you can add me- i'm pretty new but mine is open to public (flaws and all, lol). i don't really get why everyone's isn't open - aren't the new arrives suppose to be learning healthier eating habits? when you see someone that has been here a while and obviously been very successful- well geez, would love to peek at their food diary/exercise logs..only to find them private and they already have 349 friends. kinda a big oh well.

I will tell you why some people's diaries aren't open to everyone (mine is, however, open to my friends).

Because some people don't know how to be polite or to mind their own business unless they've been asked for their help. I am an extremely picky eater. I tend to eat the same stuff day in and day out. I'm not very open to trying new stuff and honestly? I'm okay with it. I also consume a large amount of calories for my height and weight. I've had people criticize me for eating the same things, question how much I'm eating and offer up advice on how to get me to not be so picky and to try new things.

I didn't ask for any of this. I am happy with what I eat, I know how many calories I need in a day, and while I know that I am picky and difficult when it comes to eating - I'm okay with it.

People tend to think they can tell everyone else the best way to eat or live their life. Unless I ASK for someone's help - please keep your unsolicited advice to yourself.

THAT is why people don't have open diaries.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN ADD ME2
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    You can add me. My diary is completely open. I will say that for the most part it is an example of what not to do, but there are reasons for that and I am working on changing it.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am eating at maintenance right now -- about 2000 a day...and eat pretty clean with few processed foods. Feel free to take a look:) I am open to the public!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    you can add me, but I'm vegan so I dont know how much that will help you, but it's viewable for my friends.
  • juls262
    Options
    Add me as a friend and my diary is available to view. Although word of warning - never ever EVER follow a Friday night!

Or a Saturday night.

Occasionally Sundays.

In fact, Mon-Thurs I am angelic - follow that!!!

haha, I love it! I can relate, minus the angelic part!

My diary is open to the public... wasn't aware you could make it private. Feel free to add me!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I will tell you why some people's diaries aren't open to everyone (mine is, however, open to my friends).

Because some people don't know how to be polite or to mind their own business unless they've been asked for their help. I am an extremely picky eater. I tend to eat the same stuff day in and day out. I'm not very open to trying new stuff and honestly? I'm okay with it. I also consume a large amount of calories for my height and weight. I've had people criticize me for eating the same things, question how much I'm eating and offer up advice on how to get me to not be so picky and to try new things.

I didn't ask for any of this. I am happy with what I eat, I know how many calories I need in a day, and while I know that I am picky and difficult when it comes to eating - I'm okay with it.

People tend to think they can tell everyone else the best way to eat or live their life. Unless I ASK for someone's help - please keep your unsolicited advice to yourself.

THAT is why people don't have open diaries.

I agree. that's why i just open to my friends...some people can be pretty nasty too!
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm also wanting friends with open food diaries. Feel free to add me however today was not a good day lol
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    feel free to add me , my diary is open and always under my day daily suggested cals..
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Mine's open too, and by no means perfect. Feel free to add me!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, I rarely deviate from how I eat, but sometimes I'm busy and don't get all my calories. I work out 3-4 days a week. I don't like to eat processed foods. I stick to whole foods, fresh veggies.