Pushups, harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd, LOL!!

Options
2»

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    You are doin great!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I have been exercising since last summer, I do pushups here and there in my boot camp classes, I CANNOT for the life of me do a single pushup on my toes, always have to go to my knees. My arms are strong, but not strong enough for that! Perhaps when I lose those last 10 pounds to hit my goal, I won't have as much to lift!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    ty for this site!!! Woohoo, I'll check it out:):drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Here is that 100 Pushups Challenge website.

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

There also are several challenge threads going in "Fitness & Exercise" if anyone wants to read other MFP folks' stories etc.
    Oh I bet your arms and back look great!!!!! I really like the idea of toning but not building "too" much muscle, for me anyway:wink::drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    They are extremely hard. As with all exercise, your body adapts if continually done.

I can comfortably do over 100 or so military pushups now, but started exactly where you are.

Hang in there. They get easier.:flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I will go take a look at your photos! Thank you much! I don't know if I will get into the challenge but I will go check out the thread as well, denise:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hey! Join us on the Hundred push ups thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39004-hundred-push-ups-february
    We start a new one each month. I have been doing push ups for a long time and noticed a change in my arms fairly quickly. I have a picture in my profile. I love doing push ups, though there are some days I don't feel like doing them. lol. I just feel so much better!
    MM
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I can understand your dislike for them, LOL!!! But hey, bet you know their results well. Thank you for the idea of the variations, that makes total sense. I remember when I did work out in the gym doing the calf extension? With the weights on the shoulders? Someone showed me how I lined my feet up could work all the part of my calves! Kewwwwwwwwwwl!!! ty much, :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

ugh, pushups. I had a bit of a smart mouth in the Army, I am very familiar with pushups.

I do them for time at a constant repetition, rather than count the numbers. I would hate to know how many I have done lol

Some ways to improve what the pushup does for you is to vary your stance. Not just diamonds and wide arms and everything in between, but inclines, hand high, feet high, one foot on top the other, feet apart, feet together, hold the plank position, hold it in the down(no touching cheater!) position.

Yeah pushups are wonderful exercises. I have a love hate thing going on with them...
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Yes, they are not easy but I know if we keep doing them they will get easier. At one time I was up to 500 crunchies. I was in my 30's then, but I could do that again i bet, :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I do the "girly push-ups" -- modified version and like you after 10 I'm dead, lol.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I believe women are strong as well as men but not in the same way. I am very grateful for the differences between us:laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: BTW, 20 pushups is great!! Keep it up:wink:

I can only just do 20 millitary style push ups please dont call them boy push ups us gals are just as strong if not stronger than boys lets give us the credit we all deserve.

Yeah for push ups.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are hard! But they are awesome!! I remember feeling like you do though. Now I do at least 30 a day, that is my minumum number. They work your chest, but also your core and your whole upper body. You can vary the position of your hands also, closer and diamonds work your triceps more, wider work your chest more, etc.

P90X is what got me into doing pushups and pullups, now they're my favorite! :bigsmile:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    What is P90X? Pullups, wow! Maybe one day:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
    Yes, they are hard! But they are awesome!! I remember feeling like you do though. Now I do at least 30 a day, that is my minumum number. They work your chest, but also your core and your whole upper body. You can vary the position of your hands also, closer and diamonds work your triceps more, wider work your chest more, etc.

P90X is what got me into doing pushups and pullups, now they're my favorite! :bigsmile: